Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-09-2016, 07:48 PM)Radion Wrote: [ -> ][*]Nox to be sold at Marseille in order to comply with the System's lore and make smuggling it easier. Might also want to look into the sell prices being buffed
The system's lore does not require this. It was removed from Marseille after learning that the GRN was transporting it in a brazen and shameless exploitation of their position as the legal authorities. It will not be returned to Marseille.

(03-09-2016, 07:48 PM)Radion Wrote: [ -> ][*]Rheinland P. Scrap fields re-added and so that ALG may resume shipping to Gallia. Also might be worth buffing so as to further incentivize this.
Talk to Lord Vipex about that. This thread is not about the mining mod.

(03-09-2016, 07:48 PM)Radion Wrote: [ -> ][*]Cryocubes to be looked into and if not given a specific use, should at least be priced competitively so that it is traded more frequently. (would also give the GRP another reason to log, so as to catch anyone exporting without a license)
I don't know what you mean by specific use, and its 269 c/sec rate of return is highly competitive. It is one of the higher profit legal commodities in the game.

(03-09-2016, 07:48 PM)Radion Wrote: [ -> ][*] Slaves, Organs, Oil, and Promethene should also be looked into
All of these have high rates of return already.

(03-09-2016, 07:48 PM)Radion Wrote: [ -> ][*]Gallic buy-points for Sirian Commodities
All of these exist already.

(03-09-2016, 07:48 PM)Radion Wrote: [ -> ][*]decent internal trade routes
Gallia already has the most thorough and highest profit intra-house trade routes in the mod. Just by way of random example, the best intra-house trade route for superconductors is from Pueblo Station to Planet Los Angeles at 217 c/sec. Abbeville Production sells Energy Field Equipment to Fourchambault Shipyard at 241 c/sec. That pattern is followed across the board.
We have already seen that not only trade routes will give activity to a place. It is the players dedication that gives activity. Quality activity. Not power trading activity.

Getting grn or grp more active while outlaw Gallic pirates are logged in would be more beneficial
(03-12-2016, 04:30 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]We have already seen that not only trade routes will give activity to a place. It is the players dedication that gives activity. Quality activity. Not power trading activity.

Getting grn or grp more active while outlaw Gallic pirates are logged in would be more beneficial

That would require piracy in an unpiratable house. Fix house layout first.
(03-12-2016, 04:47 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]That would require piracy in an unpiratable house.
Elaborate O.o ?
(03-12-2016, 05:16 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2016, 04:47 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]That would require piracy in an unpiratable house.
Elaborate O.o ?
Lanes too short.
Here's something that may spruce up the Omegas and beyond with a new smuggling commodity. The Coalition has always role-played it's own line of weapons such as assault rifles and the like, with very few things being traded within Omega-52 at the moment aside from Vodka it would be nice to have more options for folks rather than 'Vodka or leave'.

In any case I'm interested to hear the team's opinions and even the opinions of some of my fellow members. Thank you and try to be constructive rather than destructive.

Name: Volgograd Light Arms
Infocard: As the Coalition waged it's war throughout Sirius they realized that employing House-crafted armaments was not sustainable in the long-run. Engineers working under the Coalition's command designed and tested a variety of prototypes until they settled on a selection of weaponry that was found to be easy to manufacture and highly reliable. However the weapons were found to be heavier than House-made arms such as Detroit Munition's. Still there are those in the Black Market who seek to cater to revolutionary and terrorist movements across Sirius found these Coalition weapons to be popular amongst both groups.

Sold at:

- Omega-52, Mykolaiv Research Station,

Possible trade routes:

- Baffin - Shasta Orbital Skyhook [ Justification: Moderate-Ranged Route, some risk due to passing through Bretonian/Gallic controlled systems or even skirting Libertonian Territory not to mention those who use the Coronado corridor to pirate/smuggle in/near Liberty ]

- Dresden, Vogtland Base [justification: The Red Hessians are the Coalition's closer allies and would see these as useful in their efforts to overthrow the Federal Republic, the short route is not without it's dangers with Corsairs and even the Rheinlandic Lawfuls seeking to choke the trade of these weaponry and thus weaken their foes. ]

- New Berlin, Kaiserslautern Depot [ Justification: Similar to above the LWB wouldn't turn down another source of weaponry if they find themselves unable to 'liberate' a shipment, being in the heart of the Rheinland Federal Republic poses several risks from both Law Enforcement and perhaps even the Unioners who are attempting to cozy up with the Corsairs according to Lore.]

- Sigma-13, Newport Station [Justification: Eventually these weapons may find their way to 'other' hands, Freelance traders seeking to find new markets may try to sell them to various pirates, mercenaries and even Paramilitary forces in order to earn some Credits. Both the Corsairs and the Outcasts in the system wouldn't look kindly upon those hauling such weaponry due to them both despising the Coalition due to the trouble the small nation has caused them both.]

There may be others who would be interested in acquiring these Light Arms, perhaps the Zoners or Mollys, however that would be up to future RP and development.

(03-18-2016, 10:35 AM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]Name: Volgograd Light Arms
Light Arms, Side Arms, two versions of Black Market Munitions, Kemwer Munitions, APM Advanced Hardware all already extant...and you think another version of weapons will "spruce" things up? Sounds totally boring to me. I suggest thinking less generic and more specific. Perhaps a weapons line specifically geared towards assassinations or covert operations, or effecting especially gruesome deaths as a statement - something that really sets it apart other than 'we made this to sell to you instead of them making this to sell to you.'

But that's purely an aesthetic opinion on my part; if The Coalition official faction wants to make this an official request (which only requires that it say so here, since I'm not sure you posted as an individual or official rep of the faction), then there's no problem with it from any functional standpoint. Four destinations is wholly inadequate though. At least expand that to all of the revolutionary groups on the Coalition's allies and friendlies list (which I presume is much longer than just LWB and Red Hessians). And by the way, the routes from O52 to the LWB and Red Hessians would not be very risky, so wouldn't get top profitability. I'd have to look at them more technically, but I'd guess those two would be in the low 300 range, with deeper ones in the Houses being closer to 400.
(03-12-2016, 01:55 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what you mean by specific use, and its 269 c/sec rate of return is highly competitive. It is one of the higher profit legal commodities in the game.
Nobody trades them though.
Weapons geared towards assassinations/covert ops would be kept 'in house' as it were by the Coalition for use by the Commissariat so it wouldn't really be shipped outside 52 so that'd be pretty much useless, also the Coalition doesn't really care much for 'gruesome', it cares more about practicality and efficiency. *shrug*

And those destinations are just examples of where they COULD go, it is possible for places like Freeports to also buy them but I didn't include those because it is the most 'obvious' place. And there isn't much far from 52 that the Coalition can count as 'neutral/friendly space' aside from IMG (Neutral-Friendly and if caught with em Gallia would tear em a new one IRP). The Mollys I didn't include because they are RIGHT NEXT DOOR, Bundies have been going through a 'cooling trend' and Gaians would not be very interested at all (also pretty much next door).

So it's likely to be shipped either to places like Baffin, Black Market locations (Freelancer bases due to Junkers rep being forced negative.), far off Freeports in the Omicrons/upper Taus, or Rheinlandic allies like LWB/Hessians. And don't mention anyplace in Kusari as we got NOTHING there even remotely friendly. XD. I worked on this from what diplomacy we have, places we can go without being shot down on sight by everything and what would be likely IRP to be shipped out. *shrug*
Added acouple more places it could go and did some tweaking to the description to make it more 'unique' and re-worked some if it. It's been discussed in the HC and we would like this implemented if there is free-time (even if we have to wait an update or two.). (bow)