Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-24-2016, 01:08 PM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]Added acouple more places it could go and did some tweaking to the description to make it more 'unique' and re-worked some if it. It's been discussed in the HC and we would like this implemented if there is free-time (even if we have to wait an update or two.). (bow)

Better, but I'd like to see some deeper routes even. How about Freeport 2 in Bering, Ames Research in Kepler, Monte Carlo Freeport in Provence, and I'd still like to see some option in Kusari. Is the Coalition really on poor terms with every Kusari lawful and unlawful group? And what about the Maqui in Gallia?
Kusari frankly is a dead-zone for us, absolutely EVERYTHING hates us (mostly due to the major xenophobic RP alot of folks play there like the Hogosha or the culture). There are no relations with the Maquis in Gallia atm due to a lack of official faction (Alvin tried but IRPly found their methods too 'extreme' due to attacking the civies at the time). Council are neutral at best but unlikely to really trade unless we have something they REALLY want.

As for FP2, it is possible I suppose but it's also very dangerous due to dangers from Unioners (who don't like us anymore), RM/RFP/BDM & LN/LPI/LSF so it'd be a Moderate-high risk area to ship to. Ames is a bit more interesting due to the heavy Xeno presence nearby along with the lawfuls that patrol the region . I also suspect the Rogues/Hackers wouldn't take kindly to folks encroaching on their Black Market and would try to stop it. *shrug*

To make it short: The Zoner bases are possible yep, we got nothing friendly in Gallia except for POSSIBLY a Neutral Council and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in Kusari due to the mentality the House has against outsiders.

Anyways that's all we can really think of that would be plausible (I'd put Mollys in but due to EXTREME proximity it just wouldn't be worth it for either side.).
Updated with Order Sellpoint and added Ames/FP2 as possible Sell Points. That is literally all I can do with it until either more RP is done with factions or there is a major shift in the regions that require a re-working.

Hope this helps out, I'm going to sleep now before I start going insane.

(03-29-2016, 12:24 PM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]Updated with Order Sellpoint and added Ames/FP2 as possible Sell Points. That is literally all I can do with it until either more RP is done with factions or there is a major shift in the regions that require a re-working.

Hope this helps out, I'm going to sleep now before I start going insane.

Definitly, well at some point we actually had a Passive Neutral diplomacy with Blood Dragons, but that was long ago, probably needs a refreshing of RP.

Speaking of which, there could be done something in Taus aswell because of IMG and now CR even, somewhere in Coronado.

+1111 Volgograd Industrial needs more love

EDIT: Also you forgot about Mollys, maybe Molly base in newcastle could also have a sell point?
Wrote on a different thread some concepts for a few military minded goods that could be traded around. Posting here to notify about it.
Looking at APM Advanced Hardware and some of the sellpoints you added I thought they were a bit strange (i.e OC and Coalition buying stuff that their enemies produce?). Though don't get me wrong I think it's perfectly acceptable that there are some unlawful sell points, however I think this calls for the commodity to be split into both a lawful and unlawful commodity. So I had a brainwave.

I think it'd be a good idea to split up Advanced Hardware a bit more into specific cargo. This will create many more oppertunities for roleplay for both Core and other factions, as well as hopefully creating activity. I was inspired by Peregrine's post and so I thought of a bunch of other commodities that could be exported from Core bases. Pre-emptively though, it'd be good to delete APM Advanced Hardware then introduce these commodities. And in the case of AP-VROOMs it'd be good if you could remove the buy/sell points for Military Vehicles from Alabama Shipyard please.

Lawful/Legal Commodities:

Unlawful/Contraband Illegal Commodities:

P'much, rather than having APM Advanced Hardware as a single, poorly explained, cramped commodity I thought it'd be better to split it up to encourage roleplay and route variation. I also think AP-AUGs will be cool because although NPCs do have some physical implants and the like, we don't actually have any commodities to represent this. Hopefully it will also create ethical dilemmas with the Sirian populace too.

Viper Munitions also are The Core/APM's foray into the unlawful market, whilst retaining their anominity (perfect for an immoral no-questions-asked faction right?). Through RP and interactions with quasi-lawful factions (and maybe even unlawfuls if we ever undo some rephacks), we look forward to setting up some good routes and creating some activity via Viper. This also means there can be commodities going to lawful bases with logic in mind, as well as commodities going to unlawful bases with logic in mind.

Thanks for reading, I hope these get implemented c:
(04-01-2016, 02:15 AM)WPeregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Wrote on a different thread some concepts for a few military minded goods that could be traded around. Posting here to notify about it.

I saw the thread and it didn't really appeal to the Coalition faction, but some of those other options may appeal to the others around Sirius. Smile

As for you Lyth.

I don't know why the Coalition would import Viper's stuff, IRPly we make our own weaponry and try not to import too many House weapons/armour except for reverse-engineering purposes. We would be highly suspicious as to the origin of these weapons yes and perhaps take acouple samples to analyze, however we wouldn't really buy them in bulk. :S

Otherwise your commods look awesome and the pictures amazing. (smoke)
Thanks for the support. I removed the Coalition sell point since you're the boss. I'll probably make a custom image later.
The Order requests an update to the Kemwer munitions in respond to RP developments on line of this contraband item.

Liberty & Surroundings
- Rochester base, NY (Junkers, black market)
- Beamount base, Texas (junkers, black market)
- Outpost Hesperia, California (Hellfire Legion, new client)
- Sabah Shipyard, Coronado (Colonial Remnant, another client)
- Prices on Buffalo, NY are way off, is that intended? This base is completely useless to trade with that way.

Gallia
- Beaumont base, Il-De-France (Brigands, black market)
- Avon hideout, Il-De-France (Unione Corse, black market)
- Monaco Base, Provence (Unione Corse, black market)

Omegas
- Zhukowski station, Omega 52 (SCRA, recently signed peace with Order)
- Gran Canaria, Omega 49 (Zoners, the planet should remain in constant fear of invading force and arm appropriately)

Sigmas
- Kurile, Sigma 17 - GMG docking satellite - given it is freighter only it could get some rise in profitability.
- Newport, Sigma 13 (Freelancer, black market)

On top of that, capital planet of each house should get an extra profit bonus to reward house authorities in acquiring that cargo from smugglers, or whoever manages to sneak past and land bunch of Kemwer planet-side without being spotted. Kemwer should also receive slightly more expensive resale point at Meshkenet station in Omicron Zeta.
Proposal:
We need a complete rework for every Passenger/Marine/Royal Marine/Refugee/etc. commodities which logically should fit freighter and transport Giving these commodities. 4x price and 4x taken cargo space would solve it.

Why:
There is actual difference between 10 people and 10 cubics of e.g. Kyushu rice; the former taking way more place than the latter.

Notes:
It would still be as profitable as shipping items in their current form - just removing the bothersome quantity/ship size incosistence of passanger commodity from Discovery.

Affected commodities:
- Marines
- Royal Marines
- Passengers
- Refugees
- Fugitives
- Casualities
- VIP
- Pilots
- the ones I might have forgotten