Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the price for Propaganda be lowered? I'd love to fill up a transport with it (i.e bison) but it'd cost me 43,000,000. It's a roleplay commodity so I don't think it should be such a high price.
My guess is that it was designed that way initially as a money-sink for official factions and an incentive for people to tractor them in when they're being handed out. Since it's worth so much, it's worth dropping 1 unit of your cargo in exchange for a propaganda leaflet no matter what you're carrying.
Please boost the sell prices and options for sale locations or reduce buy price of Nox.

It is a contraband item, that only sells in one house that is 2 houses away from the buy point which happens to be in Gallia which is not an easy system to fly through for the majority of smugglers in the game.

The difficulty of sell and buy of the commodity is not a problem to me as long as the risk is worth the reward, which for a small profit for a much further distance than other smugglables it most definitely is not.

I enjoy the RP benefits of this commodity and think it has alot of potential but without a decent risk/reward factor.

(EDIT) ALSO HUMAN ORGANS, basically I feel that contraband prices have been nerfed in general to a point where it is discouraging smugglers from taking the risks which limits in game RP opportunities but these 2 specific items are especially rough to make work.

Rico
---cut---
Guys, Xoria nerfed prices because those commodities were supposed to be contraband, but some people in charge of governments decided that they have to be legit, thus making them restricted rather than full contraband. Therefore, Xoria nerfed the profit/time ratio to adapt to the changes.

Blame those people and not Xoria.
(04-10-2016, 06:34 AM)RicoValesquez Wrote: [ -> ]Please boost the sell prices and options for sale locations or reduce buy price of Nox.

It is a contraband item, that only sells in one house that is 2 houses away from the buy point which happens to be in Gallia which is not an easy system to fly through for the majority of smugglers in the game.

The difficulty of sell and buy of the commodity is not a problem to me as long as the risk is worth the reward, which for roughly 4k profit for a much further distance than other smugglables it most definitely is not.

I enjoy the RP benefits of this commodity and think it has alot of potential but without a decent risk/reward factor.

(EDIT) ALSO HUMAN ORGANS, basically I feel that contraband prices have been nerfed in general to a point where it is discouraging smugglers from taking the risks which limits in game RP opportunities but these 2 specific items are especially rough to make work.

Rico

+1
(04-10-2016, 06:43 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, Xoria nerfed prices because those commodities were supposed to be contraband, but some people in charge of governments decided that they have to be legit, thus making them restricted rather than full contraband. Therefore, Xoria nerfed the profit/time ratio to adapt to the changes.

Blame those people and not Xoria

No one is blaming Xoria, and it is still an interdictable commodity through 2 of the 3 houses it has to cross. It has one of the highest sell prices for a smugglable commodity and one of the lowest buy prices and 1 options to sell. I'm not really sure what your argument is against this, but I'm open to hearing constructive criticism that is applicable to the post.

Rico
As I said, blame people in government = contact them and raise your concerns that legalising contraband has negative impact on roleplay ( and profit ) surrounding them.
There are still 2 government houses that you have to pass through to get it there, which makes it one of the only contraband commodities other than the other ones that come specifically out of Gallia that you have to do that with. But I do understand your point, also its a longer haul and it seems someone at some point was trying to incentivize people to go into Gallia, although that doesn't seem to be much of a concern anymore.
Managed to find acouple small things to tweak, including a NY Location for daring smugglers. Also added a Newcastle base (even if low-profit) just so Mollys don't feel left out.