Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-03-2017, 06:09 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
Looking for ways to minimize the effects of a potential strong dynamic in-game representation of possible roleplay development on the overall economy. Would have possibly involved changes in IFF, I was hoping the economy can be excluded on the whole system in order to allow that fully.
The "economy" is not really about commodities; it's about routes through geographic regions. Duplicating commodities wouldn't preserve anything especially valuable, and wouldn't mitigate the deleterious effects on Picardy caused by whatever it is you're hinting at that would eliminate trade routes to or from Picardy (there aren't any routes "through" Picardy since it is a dead end).
(04-13-2017, 10:38 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2017, 06:09 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
Looking for ways to minimize the effects of a potential strong dynamic in-game representation of possible roleplay development on the overall economy. Would have possibly involved changes in IFF, I was hoping the economy can be excluded on the whole system in order to allow that fully.
The "economy" is not really about commodities; it's about routes through geographic regions. Duplicating commodities wouldn't preserve anything especially valuable, and wouldn't mitigate the deleterious effects on Picardy caused by whatever it is you're hinting at that would eliminate trade routes to or from Picardy (there aren't any routes "through" Picardy since it is a dead end).

Duplicating commodities would provide alternatives to routes which may or may not suddenly become unavailable to factions being able to access them before whatever it is I'm hinting at. Although if you believe it wouldn't do any good or mitigate any bad, I guess I'll just stop bothering asking questions in this regard.

Another subject:
Custom commodities with access restricted to certain IDs are/can be a thing, right?
(04-14-2017, 05:09 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]Another subject:
Custom commodities with access restricted to certain IDs are/can be a thing, right?[/color][/align]
That is really an Admin issue to be dealt with via ID rules (or potentially FLHook, though I've never managed to get anyone to write such a script). The only option I have Development-side is to set a reputation requirement for commodity purchases, and that would apply to the faction owning the base housing a particular commodity dealer. Meaning, it can interfere with a commodity purchase from particular bases; it does not affect allowing or disallowing particular factions or IDs to purchase. It's not an option that is easily or efficiently tailored to meaningful use, and isn't going to be applied to existing commodities except in very special circumstances that I deem advisable as a balance matter.
(04-19-2017, 12:21 AM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2017, 05:09 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]Another subject:
Custom commodities with access restricted to certain IDs are/can be a thing, right?
That is really an Admin issue to be dealt with via ID rules (or potentially FLHook, though I've never managed to get anyone to write such a script).

Isn't this the purpose of the GoodItemRestrictions part of playercntl?
We have that ability, yes.
Just like FloraGro is only buyable by Planetform and Exotic Entertainers are only buyable by AFC.
The man, the legend, the Lyth Wrote:Hi, Lyth here. As per my recent elevation into Leadership, I’ve been exploring potential avenues that could enrich roleplay and activity. After receiving a recent comm from Tanith, I had an idea.

A few updates ago the Omegas had a rework and that included the Omega-55 system. Core had a base placed in there to help fix our Omega presence. Upon further investigation, I find the infocard for Planet Absconsum very interesting:

Quote:A barren and incalculably arid world, Absconsum is completely devoid of any atmosphere. Rumors circulate, however, that a treasure-trove of alien structures and artifacts were rediscovered; purged from discoverer Rheinland’s records by the Wilde regime of Chancellor Niemann.

Currently, the Core possesses a monopoly of the planet’s orbit via their orbiting outpost and various small shuttles providing the only reliable access to the surface. Any secrets the planet may contain are at present privy only to them.

So at some point or another, I'm going to explore that more in depth, as well as write a kick-ass Predator inspired RP story to flesh out the background and discovery of the Planet.

But for now, I thought it could be really cool if Dagger (the base in orbit of Absconsum) sold Artifacts. But here is the dilemma: I don't really know what type of Artifacts [to request] that it should sell.

So, if this request for a sell point can pass, what type of Artifacts should it sell? The Corsair ones, but RP'd as something else? Sorted Artifacts (but also maybe RP'd as something else?) Or a new [Core] Artifact commodity entirely?

Either way, the intention is that the final product would be a contraband, and would hopefully encourage smuggling from Dagger going in and out of the Omegas. And it'd also open up a new dimension of The Core as they step into the black market.
(04-21-2017, 12:42 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: [ -> ][Lots of text about artifacts.]
This will be in the next update using the artifact commodity common to Crete.
*Edit* Nevermind, I figured it out.
I noticed a slight oddity between the two Planet Kurile bases during my research.

The Samura controlled entry point sells H-Fuel but not Alien Organisms while the GMG entry point sells Organisms but not H-Fuel. I'm not certain about the H-Fuel but I believe both should sell the Organisms.

Cheers
(07-09-2017, 02:44 PM)Croft Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed a slight oddity between the two Planet Kurile bases during my research.

The Samura controlled entry point sells H-Fuel but not Alien Organisms while the GMG entry point sells Organisms but not H-Fuel. I'm not certain about the H-Fuel but I believe both should sell the Organisms.

Cheers
Good catch.