Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible that a sellpoint for one of the base repair commodities could be placed in Alberta? Right now I would have an easier time supplying a base if it was in Omicron Lost because the nearest sell points are at least two systems away on either Denver or Los Angeles.
(08-12-2017, 04:20 AM)Radion Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible that a sellpoint for one of the base repair commodities could be placed in Alberta? Right now I would have an easier time supplying a base if it was in Omicron Lost because the nearest sell points are at least two systems away on either Denver or Los Angeles.

I've got the same issues, With Doe Industries. We had a sell point on Rochester and that was removed for unknown reasons.
(08-12-2017, 04:20 AM)Radion Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible that a sellpoint for one of the base repair commodities could be placed in Alberta? Right now I would have an easier time supplying a base if it was in Omicron Lost because the nearest sell points are at least two systems away on either Denver or Los Angeles.
If you mean reinforced alloy, then no. If you mean something else, then what?
The other two commodities for feeding bases are Robotic Hardware and Hull Segments
I would like to ask for the following changes:

Planet Honshu to Fort Bush with Optronics at 257/s
Planet Honshu to Trenton Outpost with Optronics at 257/s

Reasons:
Fort Bush sells Consumer Goods that be shipped to any Liberty station for continuous trade route.
Trenton Outpost sells Industrial Materials that be shipped to any Liberty station for continuous trade route.

https://i.imgur.com/Xygo3nm.png?1
I was wondering about the possibilities for changes to unlawful base buy prices for commodities NPC transports regularly carry. This is for the purpose of NPC cargo piracy as an unlawful.

Actual Example;

NPCs travelling from California Minor to Riverside (the nearest lanes being about 30k from Alcatraz) regularly carry Fluorine & Fertilizers.

Fertilizers sell for 2673 on Planet Los Angeles, but are worthless at Alcatraz or any unlawful base in Liberty.
Fluorine sells for 1703 on California Minor, but is worthless at Alcatraz, the consolation being that you can take it to the Junker base in Texas (an extra 60k travel distance or so?).

The same can be said for many commodities that are feasible for cargo piracy, i.e Gate Lane Parts in Colorado.
Out of interest: I was wondering whether it would be possible to implement some Nomad/Wild sellpoints for goods. The Wild need materials to maintain their ships and bases, and even the Nomads need base materials in order to build anything (Azurite Gas, Iridium Ore). Nomad ships are made of silicate matter, for example.

Basically, the Wild should be able to pirate cargo and sell it at a profit at their bases, while Nomads should also have some sort of 'economy', because matter doesn't create itself from nothing.
(09-21-2017, 11:23 AM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest: I was wondering whether it would be possible to implement some Nomad/Wild sellpoints for goods. The Wild need materials to maintain their ships and bases, and even the Nomads need base materials in order to build anything (Azurite Gas, Iridium Ore). Nomad ships are made of silicate matter, for example.

Basically, the Wild should be able to pirate cargo and sell it at a profit at their bases, while Nomads should also have some sort of 'economy', because matter doesn't create itself from nothing.

The Wild can do it on their own accord right now, can't they? Just because they are not getting ooRP cash out of it should not lower the RP value that you so nicely veiled this request in Smile
You were neither asked nor do you provide actual input on the question I raised, but instead respond with a non sequitor, Snak. Please leave.
Yeah snak but you can't seriously expect people to log a transport and cargo pirate people on their Wild without getting any reward in return. I did it, and I stopped doing it shortly after. Flying 150k+ on cruise full of cargo you just pirated, be it ore or standard commodities, just to dock and see you made a profit of 300k credits for the full load doesn't encourage you to go back and repeat the same "for the sake of RP". That's some incredible dedication if someone manages to do it more than 5 times, which is the amount I did. All he's saying is that maybe instead of bringing a combat ship all the time and blowing up the transport encouraging the Wild to log their transports and cargo pirate rather than kill them would add variety and bring healthier interactions.