Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-21-2018, 01:22 AM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2018, 01:16 AM)JorgeRyan Wrote: [ -> ]I would've assumed you'd need at least a patch for the changes to get implemented, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding out for 4.90i to implement them

That's what I thought, but Xoria said

(01-20-2018, 11:46 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]I have implemented posted suggestions

So I assumed that meant that they were in place, perhaps I'm just being impatient Smile I'll hold on till the next update before moaning again then!
Just impatient. A dev implementing something (usually in their local copy, possibly not even pushed to the repo yet) is a long way from you being able to get a copy and run it.
(01-20-2018, 11:46 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]I do not see the value in combining Gate/Docking Parts into a single commodity, but I am open to persuasion if you can make a more thorough and convincing case.

1. It is easier to identify a singular commodity than multiple ones in order to talk about it when it comes to IDs, lore, laws or general discussions. In the past I have asked Docking Ring Parts to be added to game to give more variations, however it seems to have caused a bit of chaos when it comes to all previous mentioned topics and take away the ability to spontaneously decide roleplay.
2. It would notify people that this is Ageira's unique product as per lore and highlight who is the main organisation to ship it even though lore obviously mentions that Universal Shipping is mainly doing that, but gameplay > lore and Ageira needs this to have that "Umph" when it comes to enforcing monopoly. I want people who are illegally hauling these Parts to know exactly that just at a glance of commodity and our ID.
3. Most commodities can be sold on peripheral destinations at lower price if you need to switch your destination, ours have very limited destinations. Docking Ring Parts - planets only. JG/TL Parts - dead ends and IC stations. We have almost no fluidity when it comes to after you are midway with chosen commodity and encounter a blockade of some sorts, for example, even though Ageira~ goes through pirates, sometimes those lowlifes bring capital ships that we can't really survive and would like to turn sideways to sell the load, but we can't, because these JG/TL are not sold to some Planets.
(01-21-2018, 09:18 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]...
I find those arguments persuasive, however the name you previously suggested for the commodity is too long. How about "White Boxes" with a commodity description that specifically includes the individual products?
What about either of these:

Ageira Whiteboxes™
Ageira DR/JG/TL Parts
Ageira Ring/Gate/Lane Parts
With Trafalgar destroyed the only place to buy Heat Sinks for most unlawfuls is gone.
While JG/TL Parts can be hauled to Plymouth Station in Poole, it lacks any sort of return-commodity. Even Toxic Waste could be fitting to deliver back to Cambridge or New London.
Ageira White Boxes will replace jump gate / trade lane parts, and docking ring parts, probably in the next patch/hotfix. All current destinations for either commodity will be preserved. This will cause the current docking ring parts commodity to revert to a base value of 1000 everywhere, so I do not recommend being caught carrying that cargo when the update is applied or you'll lose 80% of what you spent to acquire it.

Trafalgar's POB supply commodities will become available at both Arranmore and Islay with the next patch.
(01-31-2018, 02:03 AM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Ageira White Boxes will replace jump gate / trade lane parts, and docking ring parts, probably in the next patch/hotfix. All current destinations for either commodity will be preserved. This will cause the current docking ring parts commodity to revert to a base value of 1000 everywhere, so I do not recommend being caught carrying that cargo when the update is applied or you'll lose 80% of what you spent to acquire it.

Trafalgar's POB supply commodities will become available at both Arranmore and Islay with the next patch.

Those sound like good changes.

Is there a mining update ETA?
(01-31-2018, 02:03 AM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Ageira White Boxes will replace jump gate / trade lane parts, and docking ring parts, probably in the next patch/hotfix. All current destinations for either commodity will be preserved. This will cause the current docking ring parts commodity to revert to a base value of 1000 everywhere, so I do not recommend being caught carrying that cargo when the update is applied or you'll lose 80% of what you spent to acquire it.

Can we please have it named "Ageira Whiteboxes"? We have been using this compounded word forever and it is more recognisable and would make easier to search and find it on forums as well
What of Gallic lane/gate parts? They're sold on Calais in Picardy, and if my thinking is correct, they're the same commodity.
Would the Picardy to Provence lane parts route die from this?