Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OH SHOOT, I tottally missed that. *facepalms* It was Black Market Mutinitions
No routes or prices have had a significant change over the course of a few years now. This is very odd, considering we have a dedicated economy dev for such things.
It would nice to see at least some sort of activity from the department, given that you went even as far as to create your own custom set of tools and formulas for it.
It is a rather large shame that the story progresses without any impactful changes to the game economy, even if it is something as minor as routes being relocated.

Perhaps the take anything from anywhere and get some profit as long as you fly far enough approach has overstayed its welcome. Some ounce of predictability with ''common routes'' allowed for easier time for trader/pirate/police interactions, when everyone knew where everyone would be.
(03-08-2018, 08:20 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]No routes or prices have had a significant change over the course of a few years now. This is very odd, considering we have a dedicated economy dev for such things.
It would nice to see at least some sort of activity from the department, given that you went even as far as to create your own custom set of tools and formulas for it.
It is a rather large shame that the story progresses without any impactful changes to the game economy, even if it is something as minor as routes being relocated.

Perhaps the take anything from anywhere and get some profit as long as you fly far enough approach has overstayed its welcome. Some ounce of predictability with ''common routes'' allowed for easier time for trader/pirate/police interactions, when everyone knew where everyone would be.

Perhaps this belongs somewhere else but Xalrok now leads story as well AFAIK economy no longer has a sole dedicated dev?
(03-08-2018, 01:39 AM)Shadow5x Wrote: [ -> ]New commodity suggestion: SALT

Why can't we mine or buy/sell salt?
Humans can't live without it, and for sometime in History it was more valuable than gold, maybe salt could open new trade routes for distant space stations on remote systems, it could be bought from ocean covered planets like Curacao and Junyo, or mined somewhere, something like this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi9bJhRZtKA

This sounds like a good idea, sometimes just the basic needs can be the most needed, would be good

things like, salt, wheat, sugar, various grains of some kind

perhaps factions that are farmers, could get a buff when trading with these commodities
(03-08-2018, 09:42 AM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps this belongs somewhere else but Xalrok now leads story as well AFAIK economy no longer has a sole dedicated dev?

Just to clear that up, is still the head economy dev, is the new mining trainee.
(03-08-2018, 03:00 PM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2018, 09:42 AM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps this belongs somewhere else but Xalrok now leads story as well AFAIK economy no longer has a sole dedicated dev?

Just to clear that up, is still the head economy dev, is the new mining trainee.

Ah, thanks Smile
Hello there.

Most of the trade-able commodities in Lane Hacker bases are locked, and only if you have a full +0.9 rep you can buy one of these. This has been a problem for years now. Please lift the restrictions so that folks can easily do business with our faction.

Thank you.
whats the fate of synthetic marijuana ? will it get some more legal zones ?? perhaps a pob module to produce some ??
Whatever happened to the Iron commodity? I remember something about it from a post in here a few years back that it was supposed to be available from Cali Minor, but I never saw anything else pop up. Who doesn't love trading raw metals, anyway?
(03-23-2018, 03:51 AM)GrnRaptor Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever happened to the Iron commodity? I remember something about it from a post in here a few years back that it was supposed to be available from Cali Minor, but I never saw anything else pop up. Who doesn't love trading raw metals, anyway?

It was used as tutorial to explain how Xoria does economy.