Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Corsairs might as well give up. Core has won.

I'd assume they sell less because of distances. Also perhaps Crete in this regard serves as the unlawful buy point, and Dagger being the lawful one. Although Artifacts themselves are technically a generic commodity (they really are just inert alien rocks), I'd have no issue with Crete selling them cheaper than Dagger as it'd encourage activity going into Gamma rather than ending at Omega-55. The Dagger sell point is more for lore/RP reasons than economy/gameplay.
It's been brought to my attention that Gallic Brigands should be smuggling Human Organs, but it's not profitable because of your rule that if anyone can legally haul it, it's balanced like a legal commodity.

I have an idea for a solution.

Untagged Human Organs. Human organs with no proper medical history, no paperwork certifying their sourcing, etc. Just some Brigands dragging some poor bastard into an alley and leaving with his kidney. Logically it follows that this commodity would never be legal.

It's most in-demand on planets with a sizable underclass - people who need the transplants but can't afford legitimate attention. Pittsburg is a good example. Nearby smuggler stopover hubs such as Rochester would also offer a decent price.

Current Human Organs would remain as-is, with perhaps a tweak to the infocard noting their legal sourcing. It would still make sense to limit their transport; the safe transport of human organs would almost certainly require special equipment and proper knowledge, so House laws wouldn't have to change much if at all. One thing that would change, however, is that certain unlawful bases would have an inflated price. While pirates are generally willing to make do with whatever, they're willing to pay a bit more on the rare ocasion they get something they can actually be sure is safe. A good example of this sort of base is Buffalo, as no one that can legally carry Human Organs in Liberty can land on Buffalo.

This leaves the question of "is a new commodity worth it?", and I believe the answer is yes. As I said in the first line, this should be an important thing for the Gallic Brigands, and would be a way to give them some flavor to distinguish them from other unlawful factions. Slaves go in, organs come out, you can't explain that.
(05-17-2018, 11:15 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]https://imgur.com/a/m7PIt3m

Still only selling for 1,055 in bretonia the item cost $1,000.

This sell point appears to have been removed in the latest update, most likely part of the:
Xalrok '' Wrote: [ -> ]- Fixed some economy bugs.
In the latest patch notes. Can we get this sell point back and have it sell at a reasonable price?
====================
Type: Commodity
Bug: Iridium is not sold on Nauru even though FLStat says it should
====================

Iridium is not sold on Nauru even though FLStat says it should
Greetings. We would like to request delivery destination on Planet Yuma for our Ageira White Boxes.

EDIT: Thank you very much.
Moved Gallic Silver ore sell point 2-3 systems further away from its mine point, Ore prices not changed to reflect this.
(06-24-2018, 08:22 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]====================
Type: Commodity
Bug: Iridium is not sold on Nauru even though FLStat says it should
====================

Iridium is not sold on Nauru even though FLStat says it should

It's gone again, after the last update.
Bump. Nothing sells at Valravn, which we find to be extremely problematic. Did you see your Discord PM? If not, may you please take a look at the suggestion list and see what you think is fine? I'd rather it not be discussed on the forums.
(08-28-2018, 09:03 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Bump. Nothing sells at Valravn, which we find to be extremely problematic. Did you see your Discord PM? If not, may you please take a look at the suggestion list and see what you think is fine? I'd rather it not be discussed on the forums.

Valravn should have a reasonable price for APM, Kemwer, Whiteboxes, and Volgograd
IMO
(08-28-2018, 10:24 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2018, 09:03 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Bump. Nothing sells at Valravn, which we find to be extremely problematic. Did you see your Discord PM? If not, may you please take a look at the suggestion list and see what you think is fine? I'd rather it not be discussed on the forums.

Valravn should have a reasonable price for APM, Kemwer, Whiteboxes, and Volgograd
IMO

Possibly also Prometheum. Because Gallia doesn't want it exported.