Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going be bootlegging from now on!

Appreciate the work and looking forward to the update. Whenever it is.
(12-27-2012, 07:34 PM)Gentlefood Wrote: [ -> ]To clarify, does this mean Luxury routes won't use JHs at all? I find that impossible due to the nature of how the liners are situated, but I just wanted to be sure that routes weren't thrown out due to JHs.
Boa Vista is part of the network, so that means jump holes are not the only criteria. This restriction basically only affects a few routes to or from Hawaii, Shetland, and Mackinac. But since I am excluding A-B-A routes anyway, I just reshuffled possible transactions around until they balanced out.
Went through the main Gallic bases today, setting commodities to resell where it's possible without creating weird trade routes. Most of the lawful bases should have at least 5 commodities for sale in the commodity dealer.
Great work! I recall reading an info card about fine Furs on Planet Toulouse, yet said planet doesn't sell 'em in 4.86. Are there going to be Furs on Toulouse in 4.87?

-A dedicated fur trader
(12-31-2012, 09:59 AM)Anaximander Wrote: [ -> ]Great work! I recall reading an info card about fine Furs on Planet Toulouse, yet said planet doesn't sell 'em in 4.86. Are there going to be Furs on Toulouse in 4.87?

-A dedicated fur trader
No, they'll be sourced in the Nagano system.

I've been going through the Gallic trade rumors and rewriting those that will be incorrect due to trade changes - that's probably 80% of them. So far, I've made it through all the bases in IDF and Orleanais, and I'm about halfway through Picardy's bases. I don't expect there to be significant problems with Sirian trade rumors, since the changes are primarily additional trade routes.
I finished rewriting Picardy's trade rumors today. Yesterday I wrote up the goods.ini code for most of the new player base supplies. The select_equip.ini also contains commodity code that will need to be written.

As I've been creating new commodity ideas for player base supplies, I've also included production locations for each one. Production locations will mostly be similar to the commodities that they are replacing.

One significant change is for Basic Alloy. This trade commodity is moving to a single production source in Sirius (being replaced on the capital planets by House liquors), but its player base replacement will still be sourced in each House, probably at metal processing stations. I'm also thinking about splitting Jump Drive fuel into a separate commodity apart from the other fuels, but leaving fuel supplies as they are now for Cloaks, Hyperspace Scanners, and base shields. All of this will be discussed with the other Devs.
(01-02-2013, 07:06 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]One significant change is for Basic Alloy. This trade commodity is moving to a single production source in Sirius (being replaced on the capital planets by House liquors), but its player base replacement will still be sourced in each House, probably at metal processing stations. I'm also thinking about splitting Jump Drive fuel into a separate commodity apart from the other fuels, but leaving fuel supplies as they are now for Cloaks, Hyperspace Scanners, and base shields. All of this will be discussed with the other Devs.
What have to do owners of bases which is located in remote regions? For example, lets take our base in Zeta, Phoenix Spaceport. If basic commodities would be removed from Akabat, it'll destroy our POB.

I've thought at least maintain base with basic commodities should be optimized no matter where it's located - in house, border or edge worlds.
Will the player base replacement of basic alloy be available from lawful, unlawful, and in the middle bases? Or like now?
(01-02-2013, 09:35 PM)Ktayn Wrote: [ -> ]Will the player base replacement of basic alloy be available from lawful, unlawful, and in the middle bases? Or like now?
Since that is so critical to daily base maintenance, and water, oxygen and food is widely available on unlawful bases, the alloy needed for daily resupply will probably also become more available. The minimum is probably at unlawful bases in the same system where it is available on a lawful base, plus a Freeport or two in remote regions. Freeports 9 and 6 seem appropriate to me. House alloy hubs are probably going to be in Burgundy, Munich, Pennsylvania, Newcastle, and New Tokyo.
Xoria, Freeport 9 is nowhere as desolate as 11 or Order's Akabat. No faction should have major troubles to daily haul extra-ordinary ammounts of stuff from far away locations to just keep their base going and your posts are not clearing how that will go for locations in let's say Alpha or Zeta