Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-03-2019, 04:36 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2019, 08:16 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2019, 08:28 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]And do the same for all commodities. It is rather pointless and for some reason have encouraged people to trade as fast as possible due to fear of losing one item. People are strange.
No, some variation is a good thing.

There's no variation out of it. It's archaic feature that might have had impact back when max cargo was on Dromedary. Now with most people flying 3k+ ships losing one cargo unit on whole trip while trying not to RP back due to fear of losing another "precious" unit is stupid.

We don't need a feature that makes the game worse.
They should either be very profitable but also very perishable (high risk/reward) or not perishable at all.
(06-02-2019, 08:16 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2019, 02:01 AM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]Please add an APM Hardware Sellpoint on Renzu Shipyards
OK

Thanks
Can we have a lawful software item? Don't really care where or who sells it I just feel like it'd make sense?
Xoria as head of the Economy Dept could you please gib me an updated list of your teams:

Senior Staff:
Junior Staff:
Associates:

I think this will be pretty empty but just making sure x
(06-02-2019, 08:28 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2019, 08:26 AM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]Can we please have the perishable status of "Sunbucks Coffee and Donuts" removed? It serves no purpose but to make people's rp commodity decay. Since the route is the same c/sec as any other.

And do the same for all commodities. It is rather pointless and for some reason have encouraged people to trade as fast as possible due to fear of losing one item. People are strange.

+1. Wanted this removed for years, although you can do a quick dock and sell/buy back trick for that.
Request: I'd like Johnson Supply Depot to sell Pharmaceuticals and Med-Stasis Bands. Synthetic Marijuana and any other Cryer products I'm missing would also be nice, but those seem like the big two for this. I'm not asking for it to offer the low, low prices it would if it produced them, just have it as a local place to pick them up. Mostly for lore fluff, but it could also be a nice filler commodity for trade runs in the region, especially for Cryer. It's kind of a pain in the ass to do Cryer-based shipping out there, but I'm willing to take less money if I'm trading lore-appropriate commodities.
(07-21-2019, 02:51 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]Request: I'd like Johnson Supply Depot to sell Pharmaceuticals and Med-Stasis Bands. Synthetic Marijuana and any other Cryer products I'm missing would also be nice, but those seem like the big two for this. I'm not asking for it to offer the low, low prices it would if it produced them, just have it as a local place to pick them up. Mostly for lore fluff, but it could also be a nice filler commodity for trade runs in the region, especially for Cryer. It's kind of a pain in the ass to do Cryer-based shipping out there, but I'm willing to take less money if I'm trading lore-appropriate commodities.
Johnson is too far removed from the production locations for Pharmaceuticals and Medstasis Bands (with consumption destinations too close) to sell those. Marijuana can work because Johnson is further away from the consumption locations for it than it's source (Atka) is.
Greetings, esteemed community!

Today we in QC| would like to kindly request of our commodity, "Cuatroce" stimulants. The infopage for it you can see below:

The reasoning for adding the commodity as we see them:
  • further out faction's RP goal of diversifying Maltese economy with some not raw products like Cardamine or Niobium but actually produced goods
  • development of Maltese RP on tinkering with Cardamine and how else it can be used in addition to manifestation of chemistry skills acquired throughout the process
  • having export into the House of Bretonia and other factions that might reject Cardamine but not hating Outcasts to give Maltese diplomacy and factions involved a new angle
  • reflecting the corporate side of our faction that is like some other corps aims at having its own unique product

We are not sure as to the exact trade routes we want and would rather defer it to the Development Staff. The few points on it that we found during the discussion of the matter:
  • Sellpoint is supposed to be Malta as QC| has only POB and no other bases inRP while the HQ of QC is on Malta
  • The buying price should be rather expensive, as the product is new and difficult to produce (starting with 700?)
  • as a product that can be abused like drugs, one of the reasonable sell point in inter-house space with no regulation and Maltese access is Barrier Gate station (Coronado), second one is Newport station (Sigma 13). This can spice up trade activity in those system on behalf of the OC playerbase and cause conflicts with Crayter and Corsairs respectively.
  • Bretonia's representatives showed interest in the product on Discord, thus we would like to request a sellpoint on Bretonian lawful base. Bretonian side suggested Gran Canaria to make the route longer and to cause possible clashes with the Coalition/Corsairs. (if added, QC will request ZOI over O 49)
  • representatives of unofficial Council playerbase also showed interest in the product. This can contribute to unconventional diplomatic ties in Gallia as well as add another Omicron-Gallia trade route. It can also be used for post-war Gallia lore that can see OC presence and their goods as a problem.

In case of any questions, feel free to contact me privately or address the matter on the forum. Critique is most welcome. Thank you for attention!

P.S. Availing the opportunity, we would also like to request a sellpoint for Titanium on Albegna (Omicron Tau) as its infopage says about Titanium deposits. Adding it would develop O Tau economy without breaking anything as access to the planet is atmospheric entry point.

(02-17-2016, 06:35 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
Official Faction ID and Faction Perks

Commodity perks. With a Commodity perk, an Official faction could develop RP leading to the existence of a new commodity for the mod, purchasable only with the ID of the Official Faction. The Official Faction could choose to 'unlock' this new commodity for use by other factions if the RP warranted it. A line could also be added to the ID of the Official Faction allowing them to demand cargo of anyone else caught transporting their exclusive commodity. This, along with a good sell price, would provide a nice perk for Official factions, giving them the opportunity to engage in creative RP. Of course, the longer and more dangerous the trade route for this new commodity, the higher the sell point becomes. The Admins will decide on the final sell point based on the above criteria.

Additionally, Official factions, with strong RP support, can request "Super Economic Events" over a duration of two months. These events would make use of an existing commodity and be available to all, but with a higher sell point.

As with the mining perks, this would be something that could be made available to all factions, but on a sliding scale. Trading factions/Unlawful factions would benefit the most from this since trading/smuggling commodities are their defining characteristic. Mining companies would benefit less and Military/Police factions the least.
(08-06-2019, 11:27 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]

(02-17-2016, 06:35 PM)Garrett Jax Wrote: [ -> ]
Official Faction ID and Faction Perks

Commodity perks. With a Commodity perk, an Official faction could develop RP leading to the existence of a new commodity for the mod, purchasable only with the ID of the Official Faction. The Official Faction could choose to 'unlock' this new commodity for use by other factions if the RP warranted it. A line could also be added to the ID of the Official Faction allowing them to demand cargo of anyone else caught transporting their exclusive commodity. This, along with a good sell price, would provide a nice perk for Official factions, giving them the opportunity to engage in creative RP. Of course, the longer and more dangerous the trade route for this new commodity, the higher the sell point becomes. The Admins will decide on the final sell point based on the above criteria.

Additionally, Official factions, with strong RP support, can request "Super Economic Events" over a duration of two months. These events would make use of an existing commodity and be available to all, but with a higher sell point.

As with the mining perks, this would be something that could be made available to all factions, but on a sliding scale. Trading factions/Unlawful factions would benefit the most from this since trading/smuggling commodities are their defining characteristic. Mining companies would benefit less and Military/Police factions the least.

Thanks! I somehow missed that point. Will kindly ask the staff to move this to Official Faction request.