Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Loadout feedback on my fighter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been having problems with my load outs lately, I can never strike a balance between Nomad slaying and PvP. Plus I need serious training in PvP, I lost more than I won:(

Here is my load out on my Nephytys:
  • 2 Rapiers
  • 4 Nomad Energy Cannons
  • 1 Borocco Turret
  • Sunslayer Torpedo Launcher
  • Nuclear Mines
  • Hvy. Countermeasure Launcher
  • Mark IV Armor Upgrade
Is this any good?:mellow:
everything is fine except those nomad weps, you should replace them with codies 2.00 rfr then youll see some changes to better, i personaly also like to use missiles on my fighter, but they are better for killin npc than pvp
' Wrote:everything is fine except those nomad weps, you should replace them with codies 2.00 rfr then youll see some changes to better, i personaly also like to use missiles on my fighter, but they are better for killin npc than pvp
Hmm, looks like I'll have to go Codie hunting. How much do they cost? Millions?
highest price should be 15 mill so be careful for those greedy traders, price depends on a trader but 15 mill should be max for archangel 1 of the very best codie
i d mix the nomad cannons with 2 nomad blasters. that way you get a good refire rate without juggling different weapongroups. - furthermore i d replace one rapier with a missile ( cannonball - if its a lvl9 slot ) and loose the sunslayer for a minirazor.

whats the advantage?
- the cannonball replaces the sunslayer for whatever function that has ( more or less a jousting weapon for one on one pvp, since its not much useful for anything else )
- one shieldbuster is enough - if you must have one, cause the nomad guns do enough damage anyway.

if i was equipping a ship with 4lvl10 and 2lvl9 hardpoints, i d prolly go for :

- 1x cannonball
- 1x firestalker
- 2x nomad blasters
- 2x nomad cannons
- train CD
- lvl9 mines ( they are a lot cheaper and do the job just as well )
- enhanced thruster
- heavy CM

oh, and my win to loose ratio is like 1 : 500
So you're Corsair? I thought the Corsairs were paranoid about Nomad weapons...

As for the codes, usually around 5 mill apiece.
my titan (similar ship as far as speed and power to the nephyths) has 2 nomad blasters, 2 tizonas, and 2 2.00 codies, along with a mini razor.
' Wrote:So you're Corsair? I thought the Corsairs were paranoid about Nomad weapons...

As for the codes, usually around 5 mill apiece.
No, I'm Order. Look at me sig.:cool:
Oh, I see. Well then, that makes sense. Go for blasters rather than cannons, though. They do more damage.