Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: player stations at jumpholes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all,
i don´t know if this is the right place to post, but i want to get rid of some annoying thing...
I´m the captain of the Deadcat, a Zoner trader, mostly active in the omicrons to bring needed goods to the people out there.
Yesterday i was in Gallia, taking out some refugees through the omicrons into NewYork via Alaska. So i was awaiting some trouble if some member of the LSF would see my there. But what happened: i was nearly shot by a installation in front of the Alaska JH. Luckily i was able to turn fast enough in the corridor and flee into Alaska again. Angel
But as i can understand the sense of a base in front of a restricted system filled with fish i cannot do the same at other places.
Little later i were killed as i did my way through the o49 to Leeds JH by a new base and NEUTRAL npc´s in Leeds. It´s the only way from the south of Sirius to Bretonia, if i do not use the way through the Molly Guard system. And for sure i don´t want to do this... Angel
Also there is a (again neutral) base directly at the 047 JH in Gamma. They were neutral to me, but it´s annoying as it feels like in the middle of a town if You jump here into gamma: all time i crash into some platforms... Angry
On the other side there is so much space lost in emptiness...
Wouldn´t it make more sense to find bases anywhere in a system, so that You have to fly around to find them?
Also the one in NewYork: a good reason to RP when some Navy-Pilot finds someone leaving Alaska, but a station with cannons they can kill my ship (a heavily armored firefly) with three shots? Wink
For what? I´m a Zoner, a trader and a peaceful pilot in an unfriendly universe. InRP i would say, there is no reason for the Navy to shoot a ship filled with refugees from Gallia, everyone knows, how the Gallic Government treats his own people. So if there comes some Navy-Pilot: maybe i have to pay for using a not allowed way, but i´m sure he will see the people saved and will help to bring them to a planet where they can begin a new life. Cool
Maybe i´m totally wrong but that´s my thought about these things.
Greetz, Carl
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=84991
There is explained all. You can post there in the discussion about it. There is a lot of sense for the said factions to have bases there-Corsairs protect themselves from inviders, Mollys protect themselves from Corsairs and tax the travellers:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=76853
Post there in RP and you could gain access- it is Role Play server so you need to Role Play.
Thanks!
Can a mod please close this and put my question in the right thread?
Alright, closing this thread.

Not sure what questions you want moved, as you have a few here. You can negotiate for clearance to get past the Molly base in the thread that Adam.Smith linked