Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Untouchables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:angry:Why are there so many Unlawful pilots flying around been ignored by House faction NPC authorities. I :(operate as a trader and seemingly every single know unlawful NPC faction looks upon me as their next meal ticket.
Simply because people can't be trusted to maintain their reputations according to what their IDs determine they should be or at least fire a CD upon the opposing forces while they are engaged in hostile/criminal actions in the territories they're operating in.

Best course of action there is reminding the attacking player there's something odd going on. This may require that you breach RP to point it out, if the other player can't get a clue. When I'm fighting around a friendly NPC I normally to scold them (the NPCs) in RP, asking why they aren't firing upon the hostile vessel (never works, but I refuse to stop trying). Then, if I really have to, I switch to PMs and ooRP tell my opponent that he should correct the situation. If even then the guy won't mend his ways, I'll just take a screenshot and file a rule break report (even though I'm avoiding this like a plague these days, not for the sake of the guy that would be reported, but for the sake of the admins).

Well, it happens.
' Wrote:Simply because people can't be trusted to maintain their reputations according to what their IDs determine they should be or at least fire a CD upon the opposing forces while they are engaged in hostile/criminal actions in the territories they're operating in.

Best course of action there is reminding the attacking player there's something odd going on. This may require that you breach RP to point it out, if the other player can't get a clue. When I'm fighting around a friendly NPC I normally to scold them (the NPCs) in RP, asking why they aren't firing upon the hostile vessel (never works, but I refuse to stop trying). Then, if I really have to, I switch to PMs and ooRP tell my opponent that he should correct the situation. If even then the guy won't mend his ways, I'll just take a screenshot and file a rule break report (even though I'm avoiding this like a plague these days, not for the sake of the guy that would be reported, but for the sake of the admins).

Well, it happens.

Yea I have to admit to the dismay of my family, Ive screamed at the monitor more than once, asking why the silly NPC arent coming to my aide
Yeah--that's one of the dirty little secrets of a lot of the "big" players here--they keep their reps white where it's convenient. Kudos to those who don't.
I have all the lawfuls hostile on my Hacker, but... I've had a hell of a time trying to keep the Xenos hostile considering all the Navy, LPI, and bounty hunters I kill. And of course, since they're not currently hostile (they ended up nearly green while I was getting set up), I have a hard time trying to find any to shoot down... without getting shot down by XA people for waiting outside one of their bases, that is.
' Wrote:I have all the lawfuls hostile on my Hacker, but... I've had a hell of a time trying to keep the Xenos hostile considering all the Navy, LPI, and bounty hunters I kill. And of course, since they're not currently hostile (they ended up nearly green while I was getting set up), I have a hard time trying to find any to shoot down... without getting shot down by XA people for waiting outside one of their bases, that is.

Xeno Guard is your answer. Killing them will lower Xeno rep without modifying anything else.
Discovery rep system is flawed. I have a corsair character that keeps reverting back to full green with Outcasts and vice versa due to common enemies like the bounty hunters. To be honest i've given up on keeping the rep's straight it's simply to time consuming. I'll fly the corsair to Eta, kill fifty Outcasts to fix the rep and before i know it the outcasts are fully green again... I do take consideration when in enemy territory though, i'll kill a npc or two to make me hostile so no one says anything.
I try to keep my rep mostly good (CDs are your friend), but if I need to go outside of ZoI to get it fixed I usually just ask someone to group up and do it for me. You *can* fail missions this way, actually, all you need to do is A) planet/sun-dive and burn lives, thus failing the mission, or B) fly to the waypoint and fly back.

Works wonders!
' Wrote:Xeno Guard is your answer. Killing them will lower Xeno rep without modifying anything else.
Ah, thanks, hadn't thought about them, and they are still hostile to me.