Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can ADMINs help me? Im stuck and dont know what to do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok recently I saw a Spyglass Scanner on a LH Guard base. It has same stats with BS Scanner. Is it allowed to be used? I need 1 for my Indie Pirate, can I use it for my Inide Pirate?

Can I use this on my Bomber?
Yes, it's quite the same. I guess you can use it.
(10-06-2012, 01:42 AM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's quite the same. I guess you can use it.

Ok, thanks
As a note, the smallest ship that one was ever legitimately fitted on in RP was the Order Recon Cruiser. Also they should totally be sold in Vespucci and Mu as well.
(10-06-2012, 02:09 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]As a note, the smallest ship that one was ever legitimately fitted on in RP was the Order Recon Cruiser. Also they should totally be sold in Vespucci and Mu as well.

I was gonn ause the SpyGlass Scanner for my Indian Roc. I want my Roic fully teched. I have Cloak, Cheetah Thruster, Supernova whihc is only in Gallia, and I need best scanner.
(10-06-2012, 03:20 AM).Flash. Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2012, 02:09 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]As a note, the smallest ship that one was ever legitimately fitted on in RP was the Order Recon Cruiser. Also they should totally be sold in Vespucci and Mu as well.

I was gonn ause the SpyGlass Scanner for my Indian Roc. I want my Roic fully teched. I have Cloak, Cheetah Thruster, Supernova whihc is only in Gallia, and I need best scanner.

The Spyglass Scanner, like the Battleship Scanner, currently serves no purpose for game mechanics that an Adv. Cargo Scanner does not already do. If you're interested in the best performance, then just grab the Adv Cargo one which will save you spending 100 million (or more?) credits. IE. the only purpose the Spyglass Scanner serves is roleplay, and it wouldn't be very plausible roleplay to fit a Spyglass Scanner onto a bomber (or anything less than a Cruiser-sized ship).

Also, there's nothing special about the SNAC you bought from Gallia - it's just the SNAC from 4.85 and there are still hundreds (if not thousands) still in circulation around sirian player ships. You could have potentially bought it off a player, but it's no big deal really.
So I am allowed to use it for my Indian Bomber? And why not RP with it. I see alot of snubs with BS Scanners. I just need to know if ADMIn allowws it
You are not going to be banned for using it.
That doesn't make it any less dumb.
Put it simply, it's allowed. No banning, no sanctions, it's fine.

The only thing we're griping about is having something supposedly the size of a small transport fit on your snub. Battleships scanners are supposedly huge, the Spyglass is supposedly just as huge if not even larger. To fit it on anything below a small cruiser is just plain weird. It's like saying you want to place a freight container in your Mini Cooper, it's weird.
(10-06-2012, 05:56 AM)Zynth Wrote: [ -> ]Put it simply, it's allowed. No banning, no sanctions, it's fine.

The only thing we're griping about is having something supposedly the size of a small transport fit on your snub. Battleships scanners are supposedly huge, the Spyglass is supposedly just as huge if not even larger. To fit it on anything below a small cruiser is just plain weird. It's like saying you want to place a freight container in your Mini Cooper, it's weird.

I know it is weird. But I mostly fly Bombers and Cruisers, My cruiser is already equiped so thats why I wanted 1 for my bomber. Thankyou for helping me, I also asked couple Admins they said yes. This can be closed. Thankyou for everyones post.