Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Images in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not so much feedback but an actual question. I like to use gimp or other programs sometimes so I can do text formatting and styling in an easy way, then upload it to an image hoster and link to it on the forum. Are there drawbacks to this except images stop being hosted one day? What's the size limitation on images in posts on the new forum? I have used about 700 width but I could make it far wider and still fit. I tried creating a new forum account too but it gave me a weird error message and I haven't received confirmation on email, are there limitations to the number of accounts one person can have?
Of course you can use images to convey text. I do it with my rotating sig. In fact, I literally just spent three hours updating all my sig-messages in Gimp. Standard image regulations would apply for it, though. The maximum width is still 700 pixels.

As for forum accounts... I don't have a solution there. Maybe a forum admin would know better, if you could get an answer out of them.