Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Lanes and Transports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So do medium/large transports get stuck docking with trade lanes often? because mine certainly does and it creases my jimmies.
Yar. Seems to be a bug or some such. It has been here since before 4.86, but became a more noticable problem after 4.86. Have to deal with it, sorreh.

It helps to not auto dock, but go into 1st person and line up before hitting dock.
yeah atm when it happens i just click on the next ring down the lane and dock, that usually works.
Easier than lining up one of these ships any day imo.
1) fly in cockpit view

2) line up well before you get there

3) hit the dock key from >100m away

#3 is the real trick, the docking will work if the computer has enough space to make the minor adjustments that are needed. #2 is necessary to ensure #3 works correctlly--if you are off the side and at a skeltered angle it will not work no matter what. #1 makes #2 easier
I never had this problems in .85 and .84 , as I've heard, the ship models center points got moved for some reason. You just have to know where exactly they are, in order to dock better/faster.

Autodocking works almost never for me.
(10-15-2012, 04:10 PM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ]1) fly in cockpit view

This is most important. Fly in cocpit view and use autodock only if you are in distance. But better to fly it yourself. Everything else is just about training and hours in cocpit. After tens of hours, you will be able to dock from nearly all directions with minimum faults.
(10-15-2012, 04:47 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]Autodocking works almost never for me.

This is what he is complaining about, as has most of the community.
Yeah, i know its easy enough to get around the bug, but that's not the point.
When I'm trading i do it for hours, and i have a feeling I'm not alone when I say I semi-afk the routes.
It's much easier when every minute or so i just hit F3 on the next waypoint then go back to whatever else I'm doing.
I'm not demanding a fix or anything, it isn't going to kill me, it would just be nice if it worked.