Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello to all and sundry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I thought I would introduce myself. I`m Combiseries, I have an ingame character called PXR-5 (I lost my account through a reinstall, when upgrading to vista. I was combiseries then, but I like my new character name better.) The mod is fantastic, I have played on loads of servers with many different mods and have had the honor to be a part of some clans. I have never before come across the like, such as is Discovery RP. Its brilliant, a place to properly role - play and build up a character that empathises with the Discovery universe.

I do have one complaint tho, and I know this is probably the wrong place to say it, but because I`m new and don`t really know my way around the forums I`ll post it here.

I was playing yesterday or was it this morning, anyway when two new characters were arguing over loot in New York. Another charcter something America was his name, gave them both 200K to just stop argueing. Where is the role play in that. I spent weeks building up my 200K and they just made it in 5 mins...... I complained a little, but I don`t condone it, which is why you`ll probably see me around pilfering........

Good Gaming people....................
welcome aboard the disco train, prepare to never truly leave!

I share your frustration about giving new players money, but players can do what they wish, its difficult to say such a thing is totally oorp (it was probably a pittance to the offering party, therefore easily done to overcome an annoyance), but it does subtract from the receiving players discovery experience...

call me silly but I enjoy building a character up from scratch.
' Wrote:welcome aboard the disco train, prepare to never truly leave!

I share your frustration about giving new players money, but players can do what they wish, its difficult to say such a thing is totally oorp (it was probably a pittance to the offering party, therefore easily done to overcome an annoyance), but it does subtract from the receiving players discovery experience...

call me silly but I enjoy building a character up from scratch.

Indeed, it is fun to build. However, I see no problem with allowing a noob a few breadcrumbs, advice, and a nudge in the wallet. No reason to set them completely up, as mentioned before, would rob them of experience they would benefit from. But then, plenty of factions out there offer complete setups. Go figure.

JMHO
Welcome aboard!

I'd concur with your bit on handouts, but for the meantime it's time to go bust some rocks in silverton! Huzzah!

Good luck out there! Watchout for Xenos! We're an ornery lot! Ask the Angels questions, we're a friendly lot!

The rules are your friend and so are these!

-DL
Hello forums, goodbye real life.

Welcome.

Come to Bretonia, at least for a visit.

Yeah when you're loaded it's hard to ignore the poor.
Don't listen to these N00bs!

Join me and Hoodlum and become a Caphoar! yeeehaaaaa!

*looks around for lightning fearfully*
hey welcome and enjoy. Sorry for the oorp craps around, often happens in New York despite the best attempt of competent role player to get thing straight.

Otherwise, watch out for the communist penguins.

quick edit: however, do beware of the cabbage man. He's becoming quite dangerous too.
I`m glad some people agree with me. On other servers I have been given millions in credits, gone and bought the best of everything and found its taken the fun out of the game. I wouldn`t mind it so much on the PVP server, because its PVP and you need the best of everything. But the RP server, that sort of thing should really be frowned upon.

Wheres the section for submiting ideas?
Well really the section for submitting ideas for development is the Discovery Development Forum, or the Discovery Mod General Discussion.

By the way, welcome to Discovery
I share your oppinion about giving someone 200k just to shut up, but again, what can you do?

Welcome and i hope you will have as much fun as i am having even though im new here myself.
Pages: 1 2