Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi, comrades.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In real life i am JAVA and ADA Developer. I never liked online games and never played. All my life i spent in writing code. But one nice day one of our co-workers brought a game. It was Freelancer. He said we must install Discovery mod and we do that. So now i have two lifes: real with my projects and programming code and Sirius life here.
Welcome to the world outside of programming! Take baby steps and you might make it to something outside...

I see you've thrown yourself around a bit, but I'd suggest you try to be a bit clearer with what you want from others. I'm having trouble thinking of how to react as Gauss...

Anyway, keep at it. Will probably see you in space at some point.
Lovely. Another example on how fascinating that old beauty, Freelancer is.
Welcome to the Forums!

(Why not use your skills for developing Discovery? If that's possible.)

Username removed

Welcome ! Like Narcotic said, why don't you use your skills for development ? This way you can do not one, but THREE things at once that you like:1)writing code and all that, 2)making this place a better place, 3)helping the current devs making this place a better place ♥
Quote:why don't you use your skills for development
So how can i help you?
I ready to help
Depends on what you're willing and capable of doing. There's modelling, infocard writing... depending on wether or not you like coding, there's a lot in the way of FLHook coding that could be done. That's mostly in C++ though. There's some system design, balance, playtesting (eventually). Since all the devs are volunteers - do what you enjoy, no more, no less. But another FL Hook coder would be quite a boon...

I'm one of the "catch all" guys myself that does most the ini (system, base, stats) and model work, and whatever else is in need of doing.
I will try to smoke the FLHook. I have C an C++ skills, i need some time to understand the Freelancer internals