Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Been around, been quiet. No longer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sort of, my characters are generally the speak only if spoken to type.

Anyway! Hey everyone, I'm Komamisa, also known as Misa, Mami, Koma, Mamisa, Marisa, YuMeMi, Fururi or Yuriko— Too many nicknames, just pick one that sounds good to you, or make something up.

In real life, I'm just a homeschooled half-Japanese girl, so I have plenty of time to laze around in Disco and related things. Been lurking around the forums, trying to find some specific info on certain things, and I've found some things that have certainly helped like those Laws of Sirius. Outside of Disco, I've been playing Freelancer since it came out, but it's more of just a "Nostalgic Game" for me, rather than something I could say I'm really good at. But, beyond Freelancer, I've been roleplaying on forums for a good majority of my conscious life, and still am. Also, I'm pretty experienced with Adobe Photoshop, and own a copy of Photoshop CS5.1.

I'm a bit of a stickler for details, so sometimes the lack of documentation on some things irks me, but now that I've been approved to post on the forums, I'll make sure to be asking around if I have questions. Though honestly, I'm always afraid I'm going to break some unwritten law or commit some unknown taboo that isn't in one of the stickied threads, or is specific to a faction— and still not on a sticky.

In Disco, I'm the once-glorious-now-completely-unknown Corsair Pirate, Elisa Amante, obsessive over firepower and big explosions and running about with the motto of, "If it isn't flashy and impressive, it isn't proper pirating!" Currently, she's trying to scrounge up the money to get a bomber, so she can get enough money to get herself a new Cruiser after she lost her old one "saving" an anonymous Zoner from a few Outcasts. At the moment, she's pretty inactive, going on combat space patrols to blow up Red Hessians and waiting for repayment on a debt owed to her. If you're a Corsair and you run into her in game, she'll usually give a greeting back then be on her way, sometimes mumbling about how she's off to blow something up, loot whatever's left and functional, and bring it home.

Alternatively, I also have a quiet Zoner named Makita Kyouko (That is Last-First name order), a former Kusari citizen born in Honshu who left the comforts of the house territories after a series of arguments with highly traditionalist parents, running away in a CSV she managed to win in a bet from a Junker, and with a rather detailed navigational map that she saved up to buy from a trader. For the past few years, she's been a bodyguard to another Zoner, a flirtatious and ditzy trader by the name of Kisaragi Yuuko. Just recently, after several years of running about in an Osprey, she was able to upgrade her vessel to a "Conference" class Zoner Gunboat with the intention to upgrade once more to a cruiser in the future. Her primary and pretty much only concern is ensuring the safety of Yuuko, who has a rather suspicious past that worries her. She's my "Main" character. If you run into her and Yuuko in game, she most likely will say hello if you greet her unless she's really focused on forward scouting for Yuuko. She's completely fluent in the Kusari and Libertonian languages, and knows what "Hola" and "Guten Morgen" mean, so conversation isn't too hard!

I'll put up proper profiles sometime as I have full backgrounds thought up for those characters. if I can, I'll try to help with the Discovery Wiki if that's allowed. I just recently learned how to make and format Wikia pages, having made a wiki just for a roleplay that I was a co-game master of.
Hi, have fun and ignore the sea of trolls that is sure to follow your post.
Yay, I've always wanted to swim in a sea of trolls. It sounds so warm and welcoming, I could cry.
welcome and thanks for the effort so far, have fun.
Konichiwa! Welcome aboard.

Your characters sound quite interesting, and about following rules and laws; If you roleplay, you can actually do whatever you want.

Enjoy your stay (and don't stick to capital vessels! Snubs are much better/cheaper.)
(11-03-2012, 01:19 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [ -> ]Konichiwa! Welcome aboard.

Your characters sound quite interesting, and about following rules and laws; If you roleplay, you can actually do whatever you want.

Enjoy your stay (and don't stick to capital vessels! Snubs are much better/cheaper.)

Ohayou gozaimasu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

Thank you for the comment and tip, I'll try not to underestimate the power of roleplaying everything out. My friend (the person behind Yuuko) is a bit new to the concept of roleplaying, so most of our conversation stays in group chat, to avoid random ooRP when it happens. So far, he's doing pretty good, though!

I actually make separate accounts for different vessels, since I love my Gladiator and Osprey a bit too much to let go of them. A bit iffy on my Praetorian, but I can't really give it a verdict until I get a SNAC on the thing, something I've been procrastinating to do.
Welcome to the forums proper then!

You definitely seem like a good roleplayer, glad to have you around. Take a look at some of the factions going around if you fancy some more characters and types of RP.

For your Praetorian, I'd definitely recommend getting a SNAC - pretty much the main point of bombers. Since it's a heavy bomber, you can actually have a SNAC, Nova Torpedo Launcher and Cruise Disruptor, which is usually a choice out of the three.
As for the separate accounts, do you mean Account IDs, for more than the 5 ships? That's perfectly fine, and there are a couple of programmes that allow it to be done easily. Some people have hundreds of them!

Keep up the good work, have fun and I'll maybe see you in space...

Username removed

Konbawa, welcome to our little game, hajimemashite.
Welcome!

If i see you on my travels, ill be sure to say hi
Rule 30. There are no girls on the internet
Hahaha! Just kidding. Welcome to Disco!
Pages: 1 2