Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Welcome thread #1876
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hullo! Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself, with the help of an abbreviated timeline for my life:
  1. Born
  2. Started playing Freelancer
  3. Joined Discovery in the Way Back When™ of 4.83, played for a few years
  4. Short attention span exhausted, stopped
  5. Hit with nostalgia after recent Chris Roberts announcements
  6. Back online and ready for action
(note: boring stuff in between.)

And that pretty much covers it. You might see me flying around doing silly things, in which case feel free to hit me up. I'm fine with compliments ("you're so pretty today Eric") and insults ("wow ur the stupidest thing in like all of ever go away now plz") alike, so don't be shy.

P.S. New forum. I like it.

P.P.S. The new emoticons scare me a little a lot Smile
Welcome back.

Enjoy your stay aboard the madhouse. [Image: emotikeen-wink.gif]

And yes, those new emoticons are... well I use my own. [Image: emotikeen-smoke.gif]
Welcome back to Disco!

Hope you can cope with the new features, shouldn't be too bad though. Otherwise, have fun and check out the factions and other RP opportunities going around.

Maybe see you in space.
Checky the rules for a lil bit of an update since .83 lol

And welcome back!
Actually, in the few hours I've played so far, I can definitely say that nothing has changed at all and thus no reinterpretation of the server rules is required. None at all.

Player bases, new ships and tech, new factions and diplomacy, all that jazz, that can just be our little secret. ;)

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.
Good to see old members rejoining.

(11-06-2012, 06:41 AM)Lux Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, in the few hours I've played so far, I can definitely say that nothing has changed at all and thus no reinterpretation of the server rules is required. None at all.

Yea just a few details that changed over the last few months like BS/cruisers and the likes may kill Transports

and that Transports arn't excluded from the 4h penalty anymore.

Enjoy your stay.
Not to do the whole faction promotion thing, but I think you'd be a really cool dude to have in the [LN], jus' sayin'.

Anyway yeah, most of what's changed in terms of rules can be figured out in about an hour of play time.
Would it be possible... if you could join Planetform? Just maybe?

I think Aet is out to merge my faction with Bowex D:
Wave 1, general welcomes with recommendation to read the rules. [✔]
Wave 2, faction invites. [✔]
Wave 3, ???? [ ]
Wave 4, success and everyone likes you. [ ]

I'm halfway there! (Half a list means half the amount of work, right?)

Thanks for the suggestions. For now I'm going to stick to flying solo, because I'm in exams period and there isn't much spare room in my timetable to dedicate to a faction at the moment. I'll be more present in a couple weeks, though, promise :P

Username removed

????Welcome????