Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Server Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anyone know of a tutorial for setting up a server?
I have the server installed, I just need to set all the options. I believe it is all done through FLHook, but I'm not sure how. Help would be appreciated.
First of all, you need to de-activate tcp/ip version 6, flserver only works with version 4.

Then, the discovey EXE and EXE/flhook_plugins contain all the setings in the cfg files.
I don't see any FLHook config files, just a bunch of .pdb files.

Also, do you mean the actual Discovery .exe file or is there a discovery .cfg file somewhere?
what is the exact windows you are running as this will make discovery differ to where it is installed and how to get to it
My GSP installed it to one location. I have FTP access to all the files, I just need to know exactly which files to edit. They may not have installed everything correctly as well, I need to make sure everything is there. They have never done a FL server before.
i think that would be a good start... If you have not set the server up or can not be certain all the files are there we can not help you. You need to make sure there is a copy of FL on the host and a copy of Disco... You need to make sure it was all installed into the correct areas, that IVP6 has been disabled, firewalls have been ported right and its open for the server. You need to know what the Operating System of the host computer is as this makes big differences in the setup of the server!

Without all this known for sure and you installing it (always the best way) Then it will be difficult for anyone to help you based on normal installations.
The name of the main flhook file you want to edit is flhook.cfg or flhook.ini. It will be in the EXE folder of the freelancer installation.

The cfg files that control the plugins, minecontrol.cfg, jump.cfg, prices.cfg, etc will be in the flhook_plugins folder under the exe folder of the main installation. These files are fairly self explanatory. Note, in the base.cfg file there is no place to alter the time between the base consuming crew consumables, ie food, water, oxygen. You can control how much it consumes every 10 hours but you can't change the 10 hour interval; that's hard coded into the mod.

As for IP6, I ran a server with IP6 enabled on the server machine and had no problems. On my client machine which was on a LAN it would give me an IP6 address until I disabled the ip6 on my client. After I did that, I had no problems. So long as you have the IP4 on the server machine, it should ignore the IP6 and use IP4. Same way with my current server. IP6 is enabled on the server host machine and it lets people login. Didn't like having IP6 enabled on my client machine, on my lan, the one I'm typing on now, at all: would give me a IP6 address most times. But once I disabled it on this client, it works like a champ.

Kelly
Do those FLHook files come in these packages?
http://forge.the-starport.net/projects/f...ugin/files
FLHook comes with the mod. That's the good news.

The bad news is the FLhook that came with Update 6 still had a few bugs in it. Preset messages weren't being saved and if you logoff while docked on a player base, when you logged back on you would be 100k below the sun. The latest release of FLHook corrects these faults, but is very strict on cheatting.

It checks the client's freelancer.exe and if the expected checksum isn't found, it will kick the player and ban them for cheating. Usually a good thing, but not always as it won't let you use a changed freelancer.exe so it is a single instance program so Freelancer Companion can import.

Here is the link to the latest FLHook files that correct the preset messages not being saved and the 100k below the sun bug.

http://forge.the-starport.net/projects/f.../trunk/bin

Just click on the FLHook.dll and there will be a link to download it. Do the same with FLHook.ini. You might also want to download dsacesrv.dll and dsacesrv.cfg from the flhook_plugins directory. The new dsacesrv has a provision to limit the ammo to a certain value, usually 70 so people can't have any more than that.

Once you have the FLHook.dll and FLHook.ini files, put them in your exe directory of your Freelancer installation, replacing the ones that are already there. If you elect to download the dsacesrv files, put them in the flhook_plugins directory replacing the files that are already there. If you do this, check the dsacesrv.cfg file to make sure that any customized settings such as power drain on cruise and such are correct.

Kelly
kelly if i create a place to do it would you mind helping me fill in a forum style or wiki on setting up a Disco server and trouble shouting for it? I think it needs to be done for not only us but for people wanting to work on a server?
Pages: 1 2 3 4