Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Returning Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! So I used to play freelancer about 2-3 years ago and I recently decided to come back. Back when I was playing, I was on the discousa server which seems to be gone now so I decided to start fresh on a new server and I must say, I forgot how much fun this game is!

It seems that a lot of things have changed since I played last(either that or the server I was on operated much differently) so it seems I need to read up a bunch before I make mistakes and possibly get sanctioned. Smile The server I played on didn't allow cap ships to engage non caps unless they were fired upon or refused to leave the area but it seems to me that this is not the case on this server?

I was dogfighting with 2 rogues in my navy ship and about 2minutes into the battle, a rogue cruiser showed up out of no where(decloaked maybe?) and leveled me with missiles without even as much as saying engaging. No big deal but if this is legal, I'll have to be a lot more cautious when engaging what I think is a fair fight. Smile

Anyway, that being said, I have met some really friendly players and been in some awesome rp battles already. Can't wait to get back to having a 5k cargo ship and saving up for a battleship! Hope to see u guys in space!
Welcome Back mate...and enjoySmile
and watch out from those Bloody Rogues...Grrr......
Hope i see you in space

Good luck
Hola, welcome back to the fun.
Yes, capitals can pretty much engage anyone they want. And I use to say:
"The larger the ship, the worse the roleplay." [Image: emotikeen-pig.gif]
Of course that doesn't apply for every capital pilot, but still, it has a little truth, no? Anyways, enjoy your stay aboard the forums.
Thx for the welcome guys! I agree that in most cases, the larger the ship, the less rp but it definitely depends on the pilot. When I had a battleship, I would advise lesser enemy ships to leave an area or be destroyed rather than outright murder a squadron of light fighters with a missile barrage while not even spilling my coffee. Smile I tend to believe that fair fights are much more fun and much more rewarding when u win so I will most likely stick to my guns on that one even though its not required on this server.

1 thing I will say though, a lot of players seem to either be corrupt in their RP or are ignorant of the rules. I have seen navy Id/iff ships just sit and watch as traders are pirated in liberty, saw a police Id/iff ship fly by me with a full load of cardamine(wth?) and most recently I was on my trader flying through liberty and a rogue was following me. I was fleeing from him and came upon an lsf ship and asked for help and the response was, move along or be destroyed. Haha How is that true RP? Anyway, this has been some things I have noticed and just thought that maybe the server is different but after re-reading the rules, I think they may just be newbs or corrupt.
Welcome to the GC server!

Take a look at what's changed, there should be some new things to capture your interest.

Don't judge everyone by the occasional cap ship being silly, but it can happen sometimes...

Anyway - hope you continue to have fun, maybe see you in space.

Username removed

Welcome.
Hi there. Im a rogue. *grins*

Cya in space! Big Grin