Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Group Target System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering how Group Targeting works, I see that keys to mark/unmark groups targets can be assigned in the multiplayer section of the control settings in options. But i don't understand how this works. If I'm in a group and I target something, say a base for example. Does the rest of my group see the same target even if they have not been to it before? Can anyone offer me any insight on this?
I don't think it works yet, to my knowledge.
I have not seen it in action.

The way it is done at the moment:

/setmsg 1 Fighter target is #t. All fighters shoot #t.

followed by a: /g1 to fire that message into your group chat. "#t" is the currently selected target.
I suppose it may be to control the targets of any NPCs you spawn eventually (as carriers or otherwise), not sure.
Old post I know. I should let this thing be burried like the rest of the old stuff. But it's the only damn thread I could find directly relating to what I'm trying to find out.

At the moment I've tried in group in connecticut to target another player. Doesn't work. I was hostile with my group partner though. So I had him group up with a friend of ours from his faction and targeted little ol' hostile me. Still nothing. I'll head out to the outside should I say and test it on NPC's to see if it works. Right now I have a hotkey ctrl+T. I'll also try different hotkeys as some don't work with other commands on the server.

So far the conclusion is it doesn't work. Unless an admin can tell us/me that it doesn't work so I can save time on testing, that would be good. Either way i'll report my findings.