Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Handbook to Gallic Diplomacy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know Gallia is an "unfinished masterpiece", but I have a lot of questions regarding playing there on a GRN ID. I was wondering if there's someone with the full overview that I can PM or skype my questions?

To give a few examples of when I'm in doubt:

- Running across a peaceful Corse transport on the lanes. I know from playing both Outcasts and Colonials that the [UC] at least seemingly conspire against the Crown. How does my character respond to running across this Corse trader merrily using the lanes / what kind of information is it reasonable to believe GRN has access to?

- Dealing with Gallic Junkers. I've been trying to use some as informants, but the faction diplomacy according to the wiki looks open that there's no way for me to assess the credibility of these chaps. My understanding of Gallic Junkers might be radically different from that of those who actually play Gallic Junkers.

- Seeing a silent USI trader speed through Edinburgh, and everything in me screaming to kill him (after making a demand Big Grin). Can I/should I? (the line on the ID regarding corporations belonging to houses at war with Gallia)

- The Gallic Permits thread including links is still messed up after the forum change. I don't mind cleaning it up a bit and make it functional until someone can make it look nice too, if someone can provide me the links.

Thanks in advance.
Post here as the answers may be useful to all

nelow may be of use

UC - tend to treat them how liberty treat junkers unless you catch them up to no good

USI - Liberty corp, they help Bretonia so are fair game for GRN

Thread tidied a bit.
Unione Corse are generally left alone unless committing a crime at that moment. GRN will generally be more suspicious of them, but GRP are mostly corrupt and easily paid off.

The Gallic Junkers are kind of a mess - they are supposed to be at war with the UC and/or Maquis by faction infocards but nothing seems to be done about it, even by reputation empathy. There are actually a few GJ running around recently though, which is nice to see.

All Gallic lawfuls can pirate Bretonia and Liberty corporations in their ZoI, which includes Edinburgh. You could have had your way with him.
(11-15-2012, 10:13 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]Unione Corse are generally left alone unless committing a crime at that moment. GRN will generally be more suspicious of them, but GRP are mostly corrupt and easily paid off.

As a Corse pilot myself, I can tell you how we act in response to meeting a member of the GRN as it stands: We operate around them as Crown Supporters and have, from time to time, even done some vigilante work (kicking our Sirians who think they can drop into Gallia for money against the law). We're the guys who do everything we can not to get caught with our hands in the cookie jar, and you'd be hard-pressed to not catch us doing the opposite, especially when we like operating within the law sometimes. Smile

Anaximander Wrote:- Seeing a silent USI trader speed through Edinburgh, and everything in me screaming to kill him (after making a demand Big Grin). Can I/should I? (the line on the ID regarding corporations belonging to houses at war with Gallia)
Any Sirian within Gallic space, excluding Kusari transports from what I'm aware, is generally not tolerated by Royalist forces without a permit or very good reason to be there, but generally its a case-by-case basis. I've seen a Gaian ship in Gallia under the GRP's protection, and Liberty transports being told to get out.

(11-15-2012, 10:13 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]The Gallic Junkers are kind of a mess - they are supposed to be at war with the UC and/or Maquis by faction infocards but nothing seems to be done about it, even by reputation empathy.

Different characters in UC hold different opinions about the Junkers, both Gallia & Sirius side, so reactions will be different in various locations and situations from the UC. How the GRN responds to the GJ's, from what I've seen so far, has been nothing but tolerance regarding their presence.
ok thanks i think i got that part nailed down now. here's two more quick ones:

-relationship to IMG in Taus? Can I dock at their bases should I want to? And whats the general relationship to IMG seeing that CR use their bases to dock?

-knf in taus. I know they are gallias new underlings, but kusari have had their eyes on the taus since forever and they should realize its a part of gallia now and gtfo, right?
Would like to add few questions.

Since, it seems, "Rebelling nomads", a.k.a. }- are supporting Bretonian case and are participate in defense of Leeds, how does RNS officer reacts when he sees supposedly "friendly" K'Hara|? How deep the infestation go? Is there any sort of King's decree to treat K'Hara as a friendly beings?
(11-16-2012, 02:22 PM)Anaximander Wrote: [ -> ]-relationship to IMG in Taus? Can I dock at their bases should I want to? And whats the general relationship to IMG seeing that CR use their bases to dock?
GRN are fine with IMG as long as they don't start breaking the laws (like supplying Harris with Silver Ore or openly working with Colonial military under their noses). They can dock on IMG bases outside of Bretonia, although they are never far from their own. As far as they know, the IMG has officially cut most of its ties with the Colonial Republic, but there is still a secret alliance. CR| won't be docking on Java since it's in plain sight of the Guillestre, but we'll fight Outcasts together.

(11-16-2012, 02:22 PM)Anaximander Wrote: [ -> ]-knf in taus. I know they are gallias new underlings, but kusari have had their eyes on the taus since forever and they should realize its a part of gallia now and gtfo, right?
There was a treaty drawn up between KNF and GRN, the former is allowed to patrol Tau-29 and -23. They've cooperated against bases in the past.

(11-16-2012, 03:25 PM)Knjaz Wrote: [ -> ]Since, it seems, "Rebelling nomads", a.k.a. }- are supporting Bretonian case and are participate in defense of Leeds, how does RNS officer reacts when he sees supposedly "friendly" K'Hara|? How deep the infestation go? Is there any sort of King's decree to treat K'Hara as a friendly beings?
I think the official stance of the King is that the Nomads are no threat to the awesome power of the Gallic fleet, so they ignore them. When }- ships are working with Bretonians, it'll almost always be for attacking Gallia directly so they'd defend themselves. Generally it's the same RP as most - "What's this weird alien thing?"
ok another quick one: can i hunt BHG in the Taus? And can my character RP-cry to IMG if BHG docks at their bases while under fire?
(11-17-2012, 01:25 AM)Anaximander Wrote: [ -> ]ok another quick one: can i hunt BHG in the Taus? And can my character RP-cry to IMG if BHG docks at their bases while under fire?

You have no reason to hunt the BHG. You are technically neutral/unfriendly but they are not a hostile entity.
well they hunt me in leeds...
Pages: 1 2