Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Improved AI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'l keep this short.

I like playing freelancer vanilla from time to time. But the NPC AI is crap. Is there any way to make the NPC's smarter or something? A mod prehaps?

And i know the "DIFFICULTY_SCALE = 2.00" trick.
Smarter? Don't you hate it when you fight against someone 1 v 1 and there are 10 VHFs draining your shield and taking your nanobots constantly?
Facepalm. I wish you to encounter the Bret GB patrol everytime when you pirate in Wolf in Cambridge to get the idea. You also have no idea that Disco AI is a twicked and a lot better then the vanilla one.Npcs even need reduction at some places, bases on other hand, not all of them but some specific could use some badass guns.
The AI has been tweaked for gunboats and mission capitals, yes. Not so much for snubs, and frankly, the capital stuff needs work too. It's... not easy to do, since there's no documentation on how/what each AI parameter actually does.
Seems to me that question is how to improve NPCs AI in Vanilla freelancer, becouse its just too easy.
It have nothing to do with disco
The snubs are improved...remeber when fighting with your starflea was easy? Well not anymore...i am not extreme pilot with fighters but i can cope most situations but with these AI's...like a moderator/admin said : they where improved to mimic the skills of the average player or even better...so the new AI's are ment to keep the rookies at bay

Edit: is the improvement based on game files or server side hook plugins?
So far, any AI improvement is done by improving the weapons loadout of NPC ships as needed, and in most cases adjusting the "burst fire" duration while reducing it's pausing interval. Burst fire is when an NPC isn't under attack, and goes full offensive - especially on gunboats setting that was a major improvement. There's no hook currently that deals with NPC tactics (there's a minor hook that is used for the playerbase weapon platforms, which also count as NPC ships).
(11-16-2012, 01:12 AM)Lamare Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to me that question is how to improve NPCs AI in Vanilla freelancer, becouse its just too easy.
It have nothing to do with disco

Did anyone here exept Lamare even read my post? I am talking about the NPC's in Freelancer VANILLIA. Not Discovery. Big Grin

Now, can you guys be a little but more helpful and give me an anser?
Oh you mean those things that allways circle you triing to get on your tail?
(11-16-2012, 08:52 AM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]Now, can you guys be a little but more helpful and give me an anser?

Certainly not with that attitude.
Pages: 1 2