Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NPC collision damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted this in the wrong forum so hopefully I can get some help re-posting it here.

I just started up a Discovery server for my friends and we are having an issue with NPCs colliding with us in the trade lanes and killing us. Is there a way to either turn that damage off or minimize it? It seems the Behemoth is the worst offender but any freighter can tear us up pretty bad. I have edited the "constants" config file and adjusted the "collision damage factor" from 3 to 1 but that didn't have any apparent effect.

Thank you.
(11-24-2012, 10:09 PM)Buk1973 Wrote: [ -> ]I posted this in the wrong forum so hopefully I can get some help re-posting it here.

I just started up a Discovery server for my friends and we are having an issue with NPCs colliding with us in the trade lanes and killing us. Is there a way to either turn that damage off or minimize it? It seems the Behemoth is the worst offender but any freighter can tear us up pretty bad. I have edited the "constants" config file and adjusted the "collision damage factor" from 3 to 1 but that didn't have any apparent effect.

Thank you.

I've had this happen. There's really no way around it. If you start to see your hull drop when you are in the tradelane, the only thing you can really do is press Esc to exit the lane. I recommend waiting a second or two after any NPC enters the lane. If you enter the lane simultaneous or nearly so with an NPC it is likely this will happen.

Adjusting the constants config file will only affect the client, not the server. The only server side adjustments that can be made are in flhook.cfg or flhook.ini (depending on your flhook version) and in the config files in flhook_plugins.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but this shouldn't be an issue all that often. I've only had it happen 2 or 3 times and I've been playing since June of '03.

Kelly
I have been hit in previous versions of Discovery and never lost more then some shields. This is different because they are catching up to us in the trade lanes and hitting us hard enough to knock us out. This is also happening very frequently. I think it might be related to an error I'm getting in FL Hook stating " Time Delta Invalid Seconds = " I think the NPCs are fly faster then we are. I did a search and found a post about it but it was on a VM.

Edit: I'm going to set the affinity on FL Hook and DS Process manager to one core and see if that fixes it.
(11-26-2012, 04:21 AM)Buk1973 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been hit in previous versions of Discovery and never lost more then some shields. This is different because they are catching up to us in the trade lanes and hitting us hard enough to knock us out. This is also happening very frequently. I think it might be related to an error I'm getting in FL Hook stating " Time Delta Invalid Seconds = " I think the NPCs are fly faster then we are. I did a search and found a post about it but it was on a VM.

Edit: I'm going to set the affinity on FL Hook and DS Process manager to one core and see if that fixes it.

Don't know how you would do this with DSProcessManager, but you should definitely have the server lock the client to a single core. There is provision for doing that in dsacesrv.cfg in your flhook_plugins. The entry looks something like this

Code:
; Instruct the client to lock the Freelancer.exe to a single cpu core. This
; should be left on and stops Freelancer running slightly faster than it
; should and thus stops the player from being kicked for timer cheating.
LockToSingleProcessor=yes

As for the timer error, I get this all the time and have had no complaints of the collision issue. Letting the client use more than 1 core, though could do it.

Kelly