Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: We need a Storage Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we freelancers need a storage unit, where you can store items and money for safekeeping, that way people can actually go deeper into playing! Also you can make players pay to keep accounts (such as tax)!

:)
Make an armory character, armored transports work fine. Keep with a trader ID so you are more survivable, its hard to kill a careful armory within the rules.
Well ... the storage depot isn't a bad idea ...

of course it's easy to make an armory but ... transfering goods and money from a character to another isn't that simple ... storage depot might be a solution.
This seems like it would be a cool idea I'm all for it.
Problem is with the coding, unless you run a zillion scripts and lag the server to hell and back it can't really be done. Armory characters are the way to go, just ask someone to help and take screenshots. If they rob you, report them and they'll get a nice stay in Bastille.
Having the ability to use Sirius bank dealers on the major planets and/or freeports would be fun to watch. But as already stated, it will probably be hard to implement.
If one were to add such ship, not only the coding would take a long time.
But who would use this ship for trading? Lots of people, the ships reason for being here in discovery would be abused.!!!!
IT's kinda what i did with stocks. I had accounts that just had Silver in there holds. And people paid for shares of that silver.