Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Sanctioned: BDM|RNC-Brynhildr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BDM|RNC-Brynhildr has been sanctioned for:

Quote:6.9 You must follow the restrictions/allowances of your ID, as well as the diplomacy of the NPC faction it
represents. If your ID does not represent an NPC faction (generic IDs), then your reputation and conduct
must match the actions of your character. You must not dock at bases that your NPC faction is hostile to, or
attack allies of your NPC faction.

Consequences:You attempted to fine a freighter in Liberty space and then destroyed it in the same place when he didn't comply. Problem is, as a member of the Rhienland Military, you CANNOT do this in Liberty space. Read up on your ID: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Marinenachrichtendienst_ID

Link to original report (Admin use only)

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
Hiya, as the person being sanctioned and the SIC of the BDM, may I have the evidence?
PM sent and sanction being reviewed.
(12-01-2012, 03:46 AM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]PM sent and sanction being reviewed.

Honestly the question here is how can this sanction even have happened in the first place?

Speaking as a member of the Liberty Navy High Command, Rheinland and Liberty have been doing this for ages when it comes to traders of the opposite side and from the very, very long time EisenSeele has been doing it in Liberty Space (and us killing him for it), I am fairly certain he did it on a liberty/liberty affiliated vessel.

It effectively falls under:
  • Can demand traders who belong to corporations headquartered in Houses that Rheinland is at war with to drop their cargo or be destroyed.
  • Can demand contraband, levy fines and destroy ships if they refuse to comply,

He effectively can do it in Liberty Space. The ID does not state in any way that he cannot "demand contraband, levy fines and destroy ships if they refuse to comply" in Liberty space/or is limited to his own house space.

Nobody on each side does the "drop the whole cargo" thing because it's a mindblowingly disrespectful move.
If it's effectively forbidden by the administration, then could you inform the community about it please?
I know it wasn't mentioned at the start here, but the ship which was destroyed, was -not- affiliated with Liberty, or any other enemies of Rheinland, it was an IMG ship, carrying Toxic Waste.

This was not an instance of a player being sanctioned for doing things that their ID allows, sorry for any confusion.
Errm, it seems that the evidence that I was sent is no longer hosted - would it be possible to be re-sent the evidence?
Hi. I was the person who issued the report leading to this Sanction.

LolRawr!? Above is correct about the reasons for the report, but let's look a bit closer...

I placed the report because I thought BDM|RNC-Brynhildr was acting outside of his ID remit when he decided to try to extort taxes from, and failing that, blow up my (independent) IMG Trader in Liberty space with his Rheinland Cruiser without offering a reason.

What he did is clear enough, my ship exploded in about 10 seconds, no contest there and pretty much what you’d expect, but I’m still foggy as to why he did it? I'd like to know.

Anyway, here’s the reasoning behind my report, please fill in the gaps and explain if I’m off target here, I’m looking for clarification, not recrimination.

So, this is the Marinenachrichtendienst ID, under which the BDM|RNC-Brynhildr was flying and the assault took place. Let’s have a quick look at why a player with that ID might want to go to Liberty in his Rheinland Cruiser and shoot up IMG traders and why I should be scared next time......

Pilot carrying this ID is a member of the Marinenachrichtendienst (MND), the Rheinland Military intelligence agency, who:
Can demand traders who belong to corporations headquartered in Houses that Rheinland is at war with to drop their cargo or be destroyed.

Synth Foods is exempt unless carrying contraband or embargoed war materials.

Can demand contraband, levy fines and destroy ships if they refuse to comply,

Can hunt pirates and terrorists within their Zone of Influence,

Cannot ally with any unlawfuls except with Rheinland unlawfuls against non-Rheinland pirate or military invasions,

First off, the IMG is not a House based Faction, and not affiliated with any House that Rheinland is at war with. We reside in the Tau’s – No reason for my trader to get popped by a Rheinland Cruiser in Liberty, eh? And the BDM|RNC-Brynhildr was well outside its ZOI.

Second, my ship was not carrying contraband, it was carrying Toxic Waste, and it was certainly not tainted by terrorism.

Next.... So far as I know, Rheinland is not at war with the IMG. Are they? If so, p'raps someone should let the ALG know too? But I digress....

So, I remain puzzled, but if there’s any reason why BDM|RNC-Brynhildr should have shot my Indie IMG ship up, please let us all know here. Otherwise my Sanction Report stands.

Thanks for your time folks. This has taken more of mine (and probably yours already) than it should have, and I’m moving on.
Anyone wanting to extend this conversation, or need further back up information, please feel free to PM me.
I still require the evidence to know the circumstances behind the sanction so as to defend my actions. I do not make a habit of shooting any ships unprovoked, much less small freighters. As I have said before, the evidence that I have been given has been invalid as it has resulted in a 404.

I cannot offer any explanations or accept any wrongdoing without knowing what happened.
Bump.
Bump.
Pages: 1 2