Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Sanctioned: Liberty's.Protector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Liberty's.Protector has been sanctioned for:

Quote:*6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand, in system or local chat, and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand. You must say more than this to ask a ship to stop however you may destroy them if they attempt escape.

Consequences:You gave no time for the person to respond. One line of RP isn't sufficient.
Also, what is a Liberty Carrier doing flying around with an Outcast ID? I'm curious to know. You can explain it to me from your prison cell in Bastille. Decided what you want to be, Liberty Navy or Outcast and we'll go from there. Your ship's guns are gone as is the cloaking device you used to ambush someone and the weapons you stole mysteriously found there way back to there previous owner.
Post here with required information for your release.

Link to original report (Admin use only)

COMPLETE SERVER RULES

BEFORE YOU POST

If you post in this sanction and are not directly involved or a leader of the accused person's faction be advised that you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban.
Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbours, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
As the line clearly stated, he was not to move or attempt to escape. The target's IMMEDIATE response was to try to escape (as he was very near a quick dock). He was standing still, and when the demand was made, he dashed to the quick dock, thereby already denying the demand allowing action on my part. If I had not been so quick, his physical "denial" to my demand would have been even clearer with his escape which he was actively attempting. This was a simple act of piracy: I made a demand, he IMMEDIATELY denied that demand, and he payed for it.

On the note that I had and OC ID with Liberty capital. There is no rule against it, and there has been a background to support this setup long in the making. The ship is most certainly manned by an Outcast crew, but they are indeed flying a very beaten up Liberty Carrier. The Nerf system that was implemented allowed for this sort of "creative" Role Play to be carried out and the 90% nerf makes the ship next to unusable as is, which I am more than fine with.

To make this very clear, no rules were broken here, I dedicated a lot of time and effort to make very sure of that. Once resolved I would like to have the taken items to be reinstated on the ship and have it un-jailed. As I am sure resolution will be contested I have sent you a message on skype (Caleb Levesque) and would like to discuss this in more detail privately. The results of which we can make public here.

EDIT- If the owner of the vessel pirated could please contact me on Skype as-well that'd be great. "Resolution>Hate" ya know? Wink
(My Skype- calebalevesque)
Ok first off i was sitting near the Quick dock but i did not move as i was typing a reply to your message asking what guns i had for sale you then give your demand wile uncloaking and kill me, I had all intentions of RPing with you as i thought you were going to Buy the guns from me. but you Fued with Cody has stopped you from beeing fair wile RPing with others. When it comes to GUN DEALERS
So i belive this saction should stand
Ah, would "Fair RP" be allowing you to quick dock without a word as fast as you could hit F3? My statement stands, you tried to dock, you got shot.

I'll wait now to talk with Doc.
As to the killing, I can only go on what the presented evidence showed and I wasn't the only admin who came to this conclusion. I just processed the report. If the victim tried to dock after your message, it didn't show.

There is PLENTY of rule against an Outcast using a Liberty Carrier. Read the tech chart. It is red to Outcasts:
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/techcompat_table.php

One other note, Veygaar, this isn't the first person to complain about this action, ironically, right around Newark.
(12-08-2012, 02:51 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]There is PLENTY of rule against an Outcast using a Liberty Carrier. Read the tech chart. It is red to Outcasts:

I'd like to point out that this new tech chart works by the amount of nerf you receive for using X ship with Y ID, and not by the .85 tech chart rule of what-you-can-and-cannot-use. Now in .86, you can fly any ship as long as the ID allows it (Merc ID only allows up to GBoats and so on) but of course you'd have to cope with an horrible powercore nerf which renders the ship useless most of the time in PvP.
(12-08-2012, 02:51 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]There is PLENTY of rule against an Outcast using a Liberty Carrier. Read the tech chart. It is red to Outcasts:

That is completely legal and within the rules, using red celled tech IS ALLOWED.

Please send me the evidence and I will further solidify my position.

IF this sanction is to stand, you are saying, to make this clear, that if a demand is made and is immediately DENIED by the person is question, that I must still wait and give him, essentially, "time to escape" after he is clearly IGNORING and SAYING NO to my demand by gunning it to a quick dock. Correct?

You are saying that if I make a demand and he immediately guns it full thrust to a quick dock SILENTLY, that I am to count in my head "one... two... three... four... oh crap he docked, well at least I wont get sanctioned for attacking a guy who already denied my request there by allowing me to legally attack (by the rules)..."

Again: Please send me the evidence and I will further solidify my position.

I understand that Admins are doing alot of work and are very busy, that being said, I think very highly of the admins and their work and would hate to see a sanction go through that is incorrect in it's judgment. I am more than willing to work through this with you in time.

I dont care about this my report was for the lack of time to respond to a demand witch now has been sorted i got my guns back witch was a suprise i did not expect that

and i have added you to Skype as you requested
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd46...nction.jpg

Alright here is the evidence submitted.

There is no proof here that he was COMPLYING to my demand, as a matter of fact he was gunning for the quick dock. There is no proof here that he is complying to my demand, as he is silently running, thereby ALLOWING me to engage due to him DENYING/SAYING NO TO THE DEMAND.

FURTHERMORE. I am ALLOWED via the rules to attack a vessel, and I quote "however you may destroy them if they attempt escape" from rule 6.6 (the very clause for which I was wrongly sanctioned actually protects me, figure that).
Quote:6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand, in system or local chat, and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand. You must say more than this to ask a ship to stop however you may destroy them if they attempt escape.

Codename dealers like to think that they are safe from any problems due to being able to silently quick dock away from attacks while making larger profits than most traders. Every fashion of profit in this game does/should have risk. I created this risk in a completely LEGAL way, and the dealer is upset about it. So he posts a Screen Shot with NO TIMESTAMPS, and claims that he wasn't given enough time (which any more would have solidified his escape in his DIRECT violation to my demand).

Piracy is part of the game, it's not pretty all the time, but it's part of the game. I participated in LEGAL piracy. Yeah the results weren't "nice" to the reciever, so he tried to use out of game mechanics to exact his revenge after suddenly realizing that no Role Play business is safe from Role Play badguys.

He's trying to escape, he's saying "no" non-verbally to my demand, he dies.
ok that pic was taken after you killed me not before so how dose it show mr running to dock

at the moment you killed mr i was typing to you question and I quote

Quote:Could you tell me what kind of guns you have?

but it dose show that you give the demand and then killed me i think you asked that question Knowing i would take time to reply to it so you could give your demand and kill me with no time to respond. And as doc said i am not the first to complain about it
Pages: 1 2