Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can pirates demand duels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Asking just in case

Just been in NY, and this Rogue asked me for a duel while CD'ing me, I just said no and went away, then after a while I go back to see at the huge rogue conglomeration there and he starts attacking me and destroys my ship after just having said "I really wanted that duel".
I protest over getting popped out of nowhere like that and he claims the duel was the demand, and that he didn't even need a demand because I wasn't a transport.

Maybe I'm a little outdated on the rules, but can pirates really demand duels? sorry if I come a bit mad over here.
Sure why not?

Also, he is correct in the statement that because you weren't a transport you could be engaged without a demand.
Demanding duels seems like major abuse.
Yep, that was me.

Totally abusive.

I demanded a duel, you in your missile-whored Wasupu verse my missile-whore Werewolf.

You ran away, then came back. What a dumbassed move that was.

Any rational thinking mojo would just stay the hell away the first time.

I don't mind the Q_Q, nor the empty threats you slung at me afterwards.

Chur bro
It depends on the ID. Pirate ID can only demand credits or cargo but most of the house unlawfuls can engage anybody that isnt a transport (with RP of course).

LR can do it np

Quote:Pilot carrying this ID is a member of the [[Liberty Rogues]] who:

* May engage in piracy.
* Can engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within Liberty and the Independent systems bordering Liberty.
* Cannot ally with any military, police, or corporate players.
* Cannot use any transport with more than 4,300 cargo.

Allowed ships: [[Fighters]], [[Bombers]], [[Freighters]], [[Transports]], [[Gunboats]], [[Cruisers]].
TBH, those weren't empty warnings, at all, and I was mad because you being a complete jerk about it.
And don't exactly expect me to ever be "rational" then.

(12-08-2012, 04:58 AM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on the ID. Pirate ID can only demand credits or cargo but most of the house unlawfuls can engage anybody that isnt a transport (with RP of course).

LR can do it np

Quote:Pilot carrying this ID is a member of the [[Liberty Rogues]] who:

* May engage in piracy.
* Can engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within Liberty and the Independent systems bordering Liberty.
* Cannot ally with any military, police, or corporate players.
* Cannot use any transport with more than 4,300 cargo.

Allowed ships: [[Fighters]], [[Bombers]], [[Freighters]], [[Transports]], [[Gunboats]], [[Cruisers]].

I'm slightly confused on the "piracy" part now, since I was told as a freelancer I couldn't attack RM without a bounty because freelancers couldn't pirate, isn't "piracy" just plainly stopping a ship for an unlawful demands?
Piracy includes roleplay demands like handing over the flightrecorder or stating over system comms that Liberty is a corrupt state or doing a duel...
Sure they can.But everything needs RP!
(12-08-2012, 05:11 AM)Luka Wrote: [ -> ]I'm slightly confused on the "piracy" part now, since I was told as a freelancer I couldn't attack RM without a bounty because freelancers couldn't pirate, isn't "piracy" just plainly stopping a ship for an unlawful demands?

I dont really understand what you're asking about.

In this case they didnt even pirate, they went straight to engagement privilege in line 3: "* Can engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within Liberty and the Independent systems bordering Liberty." Piracy is unnecessary and irrelevant to this encounter.
(12-08-2012, 07:05 AM)Ursus Wrote: [ -> ]I dont really understand what you're asking about.

In this case they didnt even pirate, they went straight to engagement privilege in line 3: "* Can engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within Liberty and the Independent systems bordering Liberty." Piracy is unnecessary and irrelevant to this encounter.

Freelancers are lawfuls?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7