Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: ModDB Submission Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: news_header_no_text.png]

Do you have a video of an event you feel sums up Discovery? How about a picture that shows off our assets? Looks like this is the place for you. We're looking for material from the community for submission to ModDB. Fly the flag for your mod and server and show us what you've got!

All pictures and videos will be credited to their original owner - we'll name your Discovery forum account, ModDB profile or both, if you're so inclined. Every piece of promotional material that we put up draws attention to the mod, and keeps our page interesting and fresh.

A list of submitted material and users will be kept on this post for safe-keeping. There may also be a prize system worked out for users that submit lots of high quality material - that'd need to be worked out and approved by Cannon though. Happy snapping, people. Smile

Rules:
  1. Pictures must not be in BMP format - convert them into something else!
  2. Videos should be uploaded to a file sharing site where I can either directly link to the file, or download it for myself. I can't get the footage from a Youtube link (although they are useful for watching before downloading).

Hosted screens:

Hosted videos:
Here's a few that I've picked out from my screenshots from 4.86 (mostly solars/bases, plus a IDF shipping JD formation): Google Drive folder

The .jpg files with a "c" suffix are compressed from the original BMPs, which are also included except for the screenshot from Virginia.

P.S.: There's also some more pictures of solars and such in the root folder if you're interested, but those in the "Selected" folder were the ones I considered the most (potentially) usable - the quality of the pictures that currently are outside the "Selected" folder varies quite a bit.

EDIT: ...And most of those are uncompressed ~6MB BMPs.
http://i.imgur.com/DFP0H.jpg

Virginia, Cayman, Omicron Minor, Omicron Iota - I suggest take a lot of pictures from there and surroundings.
Quote:Gallic forces in Leeds
[Image: dg1bly_th.jpg] [Image: 2l8izr4_th.jpg]
Quote:Liberty Heavy Transport "Bison"
[Image: 357ely1_th.jpg] [Image: 2ljjb04_th.jpg]
Quote:Gallic Heavy Fighter "Serval"
[Image: 14smv01_th.jpg] [Image: 14pj5u_th.jpg]
Quote:Independent Miners Guild Convoy flying through the Kyushu system
[Image: rhsi9w_th.jpg] [Image: 154856f_th.jpg]
Quote:A prison Liner being boarded in the New Tokyo system
[Image: iyh69s_th.jpg]
Quote:The Independent Miners Guild Battlecruiser scouting the unknown
[Image: 5dj9ll_th.jpg]
Quote:Freistadt Station in Omega 7
[Image: 20z8byu_th.jpg] [Image: f4e3gw_th.jpg]
Quote:An Outcast Dreadnought in Tau-37
[Image: 34yvj9t_th.jpg]
Quote:Scouting the Kusari borders
[Image: xmiogj_th.jpg] [Image: nybg8y_th.jpg]
I'm sure out of my 9312 screens, I can dig up a few. Gimme maybe half an hour.
[ Literally the only screen I kept that isn't a chatlog ]

Dunno if its any use, but hey - I'll post it anyway.
Recorded a video a while ago as a Defence platform placement tutorial for player bases, if that helps any.

I can probably find some unique screenshots as well, but most of my video-recordings probably don't fit in for this.
Cloaking Dragon battleship.
[Image: wDx8vs.jpg]
I guess it'd be best to keep them as links so as not to clog up the thread...

IMG:
NB Convoy
Lyonnais 2
New Paris
Jump 2 3 4

VWA:
Newcastle 2
Zeta 2
Zeta 2 3
Londonderry

BPA:
Barge NL Leeds
Nomad
NL Cloak 1 2 3 4 5

Hope there's something useful for you in there Jamie.

Heh, something for the "You know you've played Disco too much when..." thread - using a faction code to post. SummerMcLovin here.
Pages: 1 2 3