Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A relatively simple way to reduce PVP time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Since people (still) complain about how long it takes for fighter battles to end I came up with a pretty simple way to reduce the amount of time fighter on fighter battles would take without even updating the mod, it can be done through FLHook.

Not sure if I would personally want to see it happen, but look.

Just make it so tractor beams do not work unless you are at full stop.

That would prevent ships from stealing bots and bats from NPCs or players killed with nukes or razors...well they could get bots and bats from those things, but only by putting themselves in a very vulnerable position to do so.

Could extend this to ship to ship transfers as well, preventing trading unless ships are at full stop. No way to get regenerations and ammo without putting yourself in harms way, IE, being an easy target.
disable trade inspace + your tractor idea
I'm still in favor of scrapping armours. Cause of...they being the reasons fights last so long.
(12-12-2012, 12:18 AM)Unseelie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still in favor of scrapping armours. Cause of...they being the reasons fights last so long.

ya
Personally I also think that shields should provide more protection than hull integrity but yeah.... those changes require a mod update, and may not be popular or work.

This idea won't need that, just some FLhook magic. If it is even considered
I imagine using the scroll wheel would be fast enough to do this without getting too much fire on you. why not just have bots and bats simply not be lootable? or have one or the other?
argueably, you could make it so you couldn't move till the tractor resumed, which would give you like 1.5 seconds frozen...

but here's the thing. basically only cannon and (can anyone else?) can do flhook stuff. But anyone can change armour upgrades to go from 1.1x-1.8x for versions 1-8 and hand it to cannon for a quick autoupdate, and viola..so its arguably a better solution by the ease of access argument.

Moreover, I'm rather a fan of the dev team making decisions they think will be good for the game, rather than what is popular, so I don't care if some people are miffed about changes.

Unless I'm the one miffed about changes.
The OP idea is GREAT
(12-11-2012, 11:53 PM)massdriver Wrote: [ -> ]disable trade inspace + your tractor idea

(12-12-2012, 12:18 AM)Unseelie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still in favor of scrapping armours. Cause of...they being the reasons fights last so long.

You guys are crazzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

A) disabling trading in space would mean you would not be able to SELL things!

B) Disabling armors will tear a whole market down, and will make no sence to have caps anymore.
Most of your money goes towards Armor anyway, where would your money go towards? It will just result in inflation.

What i think?
Personally i think its just fine the way it is.

I had been in a bomber once going to join my group when i got ambushed by a bunter, i was about to die when my buddies came and saved my life by giving bots.

Also

C) This will MAJORLY affect repair ships!!!!
I love this idea. Traders can still trade in space, as stopping in no problem, but in fights stopping to trade is death.
Never liked the armour idea as it would drop all ships armour, and not just fighters. So fighters could start ganking transports again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6