Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Molly/Outcast relationship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Why are they neutral to each other even if Rogues, Hackers, Hessians like them?
Mollys used to be allied to OCs, but Hessians - Mollys allies - fell out with them, OCs came down to poach on Molly turf too often, tried to take over dublin, and Mollys arnt too keen on cardamine or slaves anyway.
why??
Outcasts tend to hug the bretons, Mollys does not like it.
Back in the times when I was more involved the rule of thumb was that Mollys not allow OC to pirate on their turf and shot them down if they do so, but we does not bother them if they fly transit via Breton space.
OC official go against vanilla canon lore as far as I know still wants to be neutral with Bretons, while in Vanilla they are pirates/cardamine smugglers in bretonian border-words, may be if they kept their vanilla position towards Bretonia the Mollys would also be their ally.
Also the Mollys as former miners(read BMM slaves with other name)should be against slavery( in 4.85 Mollys had very profitable smuggling route involving slaves- may be remains of old time alliances), not to mention cardamine or any other form of competition. Mollys hate competition on their turf. But I am speaking mostly about nowadays Mollys, back in the time of MR the people behind the Molly core RP were different and had other agenda,hence you might get some confusion.May be Sprolf can explain better if he still lurks around.
Even after multiple requests to remove the OC/Bret rep-ninja the Devs haven't done it may be because there is little logic behind OC actions- self reducing of the main piracy ZoI/Scope without getting virtually anything in return.
I dunno how it is now but I doubt that there is much differences.
I figured it was a working agreement or something while the situation with Kusari was in play. A ceasefire between enemies with parallel agendas against a common foe. otherwise It makes no sense any house would ally itself with a pirate faction pushing poison on its citizen.
(12-16-2012, 10:47 PM)jonfreelanc Wrote: [ -> ]It makes no sense any house would ally itself with a pirate faction pushing poison on its citizen.
Ahm but RP is not meant to have sense but to enable more ganking and more easy bluemsgs otherwise you might want to look for sense in hessian breton love or hessian battleships in Cambridge or even more funny scra breton love when mollys are scra ally ?Wink
Factions do stupid things all the time, admins let them be and on top devs ignore this kind of stuff in the game official story lore.
(12-18-2012, 12:25 AM)Govedo13 Wrote: [ -> ]hessian breton love
Hessians are in Bretonia for the exclusive reason of fighting the Corsairs, and since they aren't doing anything else the Bretonian Government doesn't give a crap about the since they aren't harming their house.

I'm pretty sure the BPA have more important things to do, like protecting their house from Gallia for instance, instead of chasing around Hessians which aren't a threat.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lampoon
Because of this devs just ignore it, or now you would claim that the hessian pirates does not also pirate the breton commercial traffic in omegas and rheinland and offer them tea and biscuits instead? I wont comment the RM stance as well.
Taking useful pieces of the lore that suit the PvP needs of some factions and ignoring the big picture is sadly quite common for your childish minds.
This kind of lampoon RP is just ridiculous and it is ignored by default-some call it powergaming as well, may be it would require a bit of time to get used to it and not to create such idiocy one day ,may be..
(12-16-2012, 12:08 PM)Govedo13 Wrote: [ -> ]there is little logic behind OC actions- self reducing of the main piracy ZoI/Scope without getting virtually anything in return.

This is very true. Allegedly the Outcasts get the "5 units of cardamine is legal to carry rule" in return, but that's hardly a concession on the Bret side. If they at least followed up this law with a scientific study, ie. an official Royal Board of Health report showing cardamine isn't really so bad, so it can be justified to sell and administer it in small doses without any substantial danger - hence the matching legislation. In-RP its reasonable to assume that Bret MP's get such scientific reports to base and justify their legislation on, and it could be a boon for the Outcasts to have cardamine publicly recognized (and scientifically proven) as a drug that "isn't THAT bad". Instead Outcasts get nothing of use, save for diplomatic headaches (the Brets really do align themselves closely with a whole lot of factions that despise Outcasts and vice versa) and a gimped theater of operations. Mollies and Outcasts could be such great friends.
(12-18-2012, 01:32 AM)Anaximander Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2012, 12:08 PM)Govedo13 Wrote: [ -> ]there is little logic behind OC actions- self reducing of the main piracy ZoI/Scope without getting virtually anything in return.

This is very true. Allegedly the Outcasts get the "5 units of cardamine is legal to carry rule" in return, but that's hardly a concession on the Bret side. If they at least followed up this law with a scientific study, ie. an official Royal Board of Health report showing cardamine isn't really so bad, so it can be sold and administered in small doses without danger - hence the matching legislation. In-RP its reasonable to assume that Bret MP's get such scientific reports to base and justify their legislation on, and it could be a boon for the Outcasts to have cardamine publicly recognized (and scientifically proven) as a drug that "isn't THAT bad". Instead Outcasts get nothing of use, save for diplomatic headaches (the Brets really do align themselves closely with a whole lot of factions that despise Outcasts and vice versa) and a gimped theater of operations. Mollies and Outcasts could be such great friends.

To be fair, OCs get free access to Bretonia, Bret bases not shooting them, docking on bret bases, and bret alliance against kusari, then gallia.
Pages: 1 2 3 4