Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: If you flee from PvP, you die by NPC without attacker on sight, is it PvP death?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I pirated a trader, he paid me, shot by a KNF NPC patrol and died without seeing him on sight. Is it considered a PvP death?
No, not as I know. When you lose the enemy from your radar, you're out of the engagement, so you didn't die in pvp versus that enemy. Pretty much same as docking.
(12-14-2012, 02:23 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]No, not as I know. When you lose the enemy from your radar, you're out of the engagement, so you didn't die in pvp versus that enemy. Pretty much same as docking.
Questionable, another guy still gets your blue message in system chat, right after engagement.
What if attacker would be pursuing you after your "escape" ?

As for the specific case above (in the original post) - pirate's demand was met, no combat took place. So it's just a random death.
You may die whatever death you want, if you dont have player enemy on your radar. so if trader got blue message about you died, when he was more then 15k from you - you not died in PvP
especially if trader already have met your demand and you allowed him to leave

Im not sure about cloaked ships, however. like you attacked ship, he cloaked and you died to NPC when he was near you. infact its not combat since he cloaked, but he kinda have you on radar and can claim you as PvP dead. but I guess its just lolwutism already
From your description, that guy was not in PvP, since he paid you a fine and went his own way. He was somewhere else in system fighting NPC's. THat does not count as death per rules.
You must be uncloaked to report a pvpdeath. Doesn't matter if docking or suicide, or whatever. Otherwise it's considerated abusing and therefore it's ignored.
Question was answered in the first reply. Nothing to see here.