Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sorry. So. wasnt sure where to post this, but im going about installing freelancer and the mod for the first time in forever.
So far Ive installed the game clean, cracked it, installed the discovery mod and now am at the stage of clicking the shortcut for the mod.. . ..

And i get a "fatal error" regaurding no compatable 3d video card. What have i done wrong? .-.
-desperate bump-
The crack is not necessary for Discovery Freelancer.

I recommend a clean installation of Freelancer and the Discovery mod. If you wish to play vanilla Freelancer at a later stage, apply the crack to said vanilla installation after you've installed Discovery.

If this problem persists, try downloading this: http://the-starport.net/freelancer/downl...id=1&lid=2
(Note: only do so after you've tried the clean-install method.)

For future reference, here is a suitable forum: http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26
fresh reinstall and installed the mod still same problem
Try starting two instances of the game, then ctrl+alt+delete and close down the first one, which brings up an error. I have this same problem at times and starting up the exe several times at once normally gets the second one through.

...at least for me.
Any more ideas? :/ installed the hardware update, no more error but now its a dead shortcut. . tried the file in the EXE folder of the mod directly but it also, does nothing
What GPU are you using? Have you updated your graphics drivers to the latest stable version?
Not exactly sure about either i know i just ran threw over 30 updates so I imagine my drivers were probably part of it.
Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Display Adapters.

What's listed under there is your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) aka. "Graphics card".
I've no device manager on windows 7 but in my devices and printers catagory i show no graphics card. But neither does it show my sound card so i dunno, i think it's just onboard but it's a decent motherboard that has no problem running vanilla
Pages: 1 2 3