Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I am NOT leaving..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been playing this mod for a year and a half and have almost been on the boards for a year now.. Not many of you know me the only person I think I have any history with are Dieter and Hyperion..I have played on and off and everytime I get back on its more exciting alot stricter and things always change..Some of you I know from your posts and when I see you in space I want to write to you and say HEY! I LOVED YOUR STORY! or..HEY! Thanks for giving me a heads up on my loadout..or even HEY! you yelled at me a year ago for not having the right ID..This really is a community..its not like WoW or GW or any of those mass played games..we know eachother from here and in space.

I always think I will get back on and no one will be here but it seems there are even more people..

Most games...you just play for the game or to one up everyone else around you..but this game I play FOR the community I probably spend just as much time reading and replying on here as I do playing in game..

It's all of us that make this game so great and the fact there are such superb hard working admins taking care of things for us..

I am gonna be around awhile...

I love this mod,this server and ALL you people...even the noobs...

Heres to 3 years of Disco and 3 MORE TO COME!!! YUS!!!

So to any of you thinking of leaving...mind this...

When you come back there will be people here that started the day you quit. They will be all knowing and snobby like you once were and the rules will have changed a bit on certain issues and factions will be different ships will be different and you will have to sit down and eat a fat slice of humble pie like I did.

However your old friends will also be here to get you back on your feet and direct you on the new rules and RP that has been set. (Thanks Dieter)

And THAT is a community...

Sorry just had to unleash all that to you all Take care and see you in space!!!
Quite so, quite so. It really is a wonderful little community here.
Quite well said, and fairly pertinent, given discussions and topics of recent weeks. I have no plans on leaving either and I do, for the most part, really enjoy being a part of the Disco community. Bits can annoy me at times, but that is like anything in the world, really.
Well I'm not leaving either. The reason behind that is that the game is fun.

I have in my time here seen people arrice and make their position here with ease and grace (read dusty and angelfire) and I have seen people leave never to return, yet do so anyway (angelfire again). I have seen great RP, rubbish RP, rushes of rule-breaking, endless annoying rule lawyering. I have seen a lot of what disco has to offer, adn frnakly this comunity is awesome.

I may not get on with everyone all the time and I may not agree with every decision, or feel okay about the comunity treats some people, but I still like it.

We have more in depth roleplay here than any other RPG i have ever played, so nice one folks.

People who are leaving due to RL concerns then fair play and kudos to you all. Those who are leaving because it got a bit tough, well maybe you ought to reconcider...

Look around at all the awesomeness that can come out of this server and forum and marvel at how people with such radically different veiws on life the universe and everything can come together to create some brilliant fiction for us all to enjoy.
Someone needs a pin, IMHO.

Well said, it deserves my /signed.
I left. I came back and frankly it's as if I never went away. This community is great. People here will annoy the hell out of you at times but then that's the way with any community. The good things outweigh the bad, by quite a long way.

Chichlid, you coming back to the BAF?
I had a train, and you ignored my cardamine habits, probably because I became a horrible whiner over system coms if you took it away...Now I'm running Bretonia and juno's a billionaire mogul...Have fun, welcome back, I'm always glad to see you.
' Wrote:I had a train, and you ignored my cardamine habits, probably because I became a horrible whiner over system coms if you took it away

Awwww you remember! :$Yeah me and Dieter were talking about it I was actually thinking of maybe a LF ? I am gonna go check into things you will get a post from me on recruitment soon though..Always good to see you as well Unselie

Edit: Actually on second thought I should be assigned whatever is needed in the fleet.
@RO, well said sir.

I'm in a bit of the same boat as you.... I'm more prolific around the forum, obviously (== I have a big mouth), but as far as playing goes, I'll jump for a couple of hours here and there and bum around doing my own thing. I don't engage in PVP very often, not coz I suck at it, but coz I'm not prepared to spend the big $$$ getting armor and Nova's and all Cannonballs and all the other expensive crap one needs to be on even footing. I was/am in a couple of factions but not a very committed team player, oh well.

Although I'm a veteran in this place, most people wouldn't know me from a bar of soap (unless they're familiar with my character list in my siggy).

But all that's ok I'm happy with what I do. I'm broken up that nearly all of my old mates have left the server, but I'm glad that many new good players who are committed to RP and the community come along all the time.

o.
Quote:However your old friends will also be here to get you back on your feet and direct you on the new rules and RP that has been set. (Thanks Dieter)

You're welcome!

and signed, btw!

' Wrote:Awwww you remember! :$Yeah me and Dieter were talking about it I was actually thinking of maybe a LF ? I am gonna go check into things you will get a post from me on recruitment soon though..Always good to see you as well Unselie
Edit: Actually on second thought I should be assigned whatever is needed in the fleet.

Actually we could use some hussars, loaded up with debils to ruin KNF's day:)
Pages: 1 2