Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sup guys,

Just started playing Freelancer recently, although I've got a bit of background with x3 Reunion. Gotta say, this game is freaking awesome, and in short order I looked for some mods to diversify it and came upon Discovery.

This is totally my cup of tea. I love RPI MUDs and roleplaying in general, and am looking forward to seeing some of you in space. Bear with me if I see you and step on your immersion 'cause I might be learning the ropes for a little while. If you represent a pirate faction feel free to PM me about work because that's the direction I'd like to work toward. Smile

Cheers,
Soulipsist
Sup dude,

Welcome to Disco!

This is a pretty neat community but it has it's down sides too.

However, if you're an roleplayer you'll find your niche here!

I lead a number of factions, lawful and unlawful. So if you see a LR- out and about, go and get yourself acquainted!

I would suggest getting skype if you don't have it already, it's a very useful tool here.
Any questions, feel free to contact me.

Have fun!

Alte
Welcome to Disco!

You should have a good time here, there is plenty to do. If you have an eye on some non-pirate roleplay, feel free to talk to me and I could recommend some factions to you Wink

Have fun, maybe see you in space.
Welcome aboard!
And Disco has a lot of helpful around you can ask to explain anything or give hints.

If you are struggling to find a place may I suggest checking the NPC wiki page. From here you can find out about each faction to represent. Also from each NPC faction page you can link to the player factions pages which have lots of information about the ships each faction flies, and what each faction does.

Anyhow just remember to have fun, and don't hesitate to ask around if you are needing any help.
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Question though:

I did a liberty restart. All of the missions I can accept from rogue bases are over level 4 and incredibly hard considering that I'm a new player. Fighting six ships at once is mind-boggling to me at this point. Is it because the missions are actually that hard or am I just not good enough at the game...?

The freighter they give you for the rogue start seems to have pretty good gear, but I get shredded whenever I try a mission. I just...don't understand how to outmaneuver all of this gunfire. Should I be spamming shield boosters and nanobots? So far I've been looping and hitting hard turns with the afterburner to try to lose harriers but they seem to stay on me and I can never shoot long enough to cause any hull damage without getting my own shields stripped.

ETA: Starting to believe that it's because the CSV really just sucks.
(12-21-2012, 09:32 AM)Soulipsist Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the welcome guys!

Question though:

I did a liberty restart. All of the missions I can accept from rogue bases are over level 4 and incredibly hard considering that I'm a new player. Fighting six ships at once is mind-boggling to me at this point. Is it because the missions are actually that hard or am I just not good enough at the game...?

The freighter they give you for the rogue start seems to have pretty good gear, but I get shredded whenever I try a mission. I just...don't understand how to outmaneuver all of this gunfire. Should I be spamming shield boosters and nanobots? So far I've been looping and hitting hard turns with the afterburner to try to lose harriers but they seem to stay on me and I can never shoot long enough to cause any hull damage without getting my own shields stripped.

ETA: Starting to believe that it's because the CSV really just sucks.

Yep the CSV does suck for combat, but it's cargo ain't too bad. What type of ships are you fighting?

Also Freelancer restart gives you a better ship for combat. But I would make my first credits maybe with restart Miner.

bloogaL

Starting up is one of the more difficult parts of this mod. If you want to get rogue rep more easily though, go ahead and do /restart liberty and fly to Buffalo Base. In the bar there, take a rogue bribe first, followed by outcast and lane hacker bribes (you may have to relog a couple of times to get the bribes to appear for you). That should bring you to full green with the Rogues so that you can buy the ID and get the liberty rogues IFF.

For future reference if you're trying to rep with missions, make sure to take base destruction missions that say in their description that you don't need to kill the NPCs around them. These missions are the quickest and easiest and will give the same rep boosts as any other mission (though as with bribes, it may take some relogging to get them to appear on the job board).

Other than that, welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. I hope that maybe soon I'll see your application to the LR- Smile
My gift to you for joining Disco and welcome ofc \o/
[Image: mapirate.png]
use it as a sign if you want Smile

and good luck out there !