Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 87b "The Stranded"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Would be glad to see less Gallia in any case.
Rather good idea. Like to see this happen.
Don't blame all the Devs for Gallia - it was Igiss' brainchild, and now the rest of the team is doing conceptual damage control now that he has left.

Aside; while discussion is a fine and healthy activity, the path of 4.87 development is mostly set. The reasons for being unable or unwilling to change are stated above.
While I agree with that something must be done with Gallia, I don't think wiping it out completely would resolve the problems. It's already empty, so in case of clearing it out of the game won't give more players to the remaining systems in my opinion.

Instead of this I would rather see to restore the old glory of other systems like Omicron Theta in 4.85. That place became as silent as a morgue since the Outcasts and Corsairs got another way to fight each other. Initiating Lambda surely destroyed a lot of interaction possibilities in the Omicrons as there are no more crossroad systems, at least that's my observation as a returning player.
Or removing Gallia would RPly mean an alien has captured it and occupied it, no humans allowed to enter there.
To Dii's OP:
As Star touched on, jumpdrives are around, so nowhere will be totally cut off any more. While it is an interesting idea that incorporates a few other proposed 'action plans' like the Kusari civil war and the Gaians turning on the Gauls, I share Jeremy's opinion about Kusari's uncertain stance.
A nice idea, but not really that realistic to consider, and definitely not in the current plans.

(12-25-2012, 08:36 PM)JayDee Wrote: [ -> ]OCs will push on CR in order to overtake em. So it will be brets/exiles/council vs GRN. Rheinland will be target for Sairs invasion, keeping rheinland off liberty. omicron war of sairs/ocs will be stopped and their lambda-eta acces gone so only sigmas for fights.

So just delete the Colonials and ignore all the forces on the way and around Coronado? Grand.

Also, the anti-Corsair triumvirate and the fact that Rheinland cannot do much against Liberty (and is pulling out anyway) are ignored too.

As far as I know, the Hispania war will only heat up, so both factions will be less focused on their other fronts.

(12-27-2012, 05:23 AM)monmarfori Wrote: [ -> ]Or removing Gallia would RPly mean an alien has captured it and occupied it, no humans allowed to enter there.

No.
I don't think that Gallia shall be removed, too huge job going to be throwen away to nowhere. Those who like to play there, shall keep doing it, who don't, Sirius large enough to find your place there, and ignore enters into Gallia space.
I say, let it as it current is.
And I also dont agree with statment, that removing Gallia will bring more players in, it's false opinion. It's something other.
In my opinion, Gallia was a huge mistake. But now it's there, and deleting it would probably just make more players quit than it would force to be closer together (did that make sense?).

Since .87's dev path has been set, I suggest we just wait to see what the devs do concerning the resizing of Gallia, and if it's not enough, then we can consider some of the previously posted ideas for .88, right?

So, right now this discussion is kinda useless. At least in my opinion.

.88. Heh. /nazi
(12-27-2012, 05:50 AM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2012, 08:36 PM)JayDee Wrote: [ -> ]OCs will push on CR in order to overtake em. So it will be brets/exiles/council vs GRN. Rheinland will be target for Sairs invasion, keeping rheinland off liberty. omicron war of sairs/ocs will be stopped and their lambda-eta acces gone so only sigmas for fights.

So just delete the Colonials and ignore all the forces on the way and around Coronado? Grand.

Also, the anti-Corsair triumvirate and the fact that Rheinland cannot do much against Liberty (and is pulling out anyway) are ignored too.

As far as I know, the Hispania war will only heat up, so both factions will be less focused on their other fronts.

Delete colonials? U mad? This wasnt wat I meant at all.

What do you mean by ''anti-Corsair triumvirate''? Also I do know that R-L was is nearly at end and RM is kida lost.

Idk where you heard that. Sairs/OCs war is less active both inRP and PvP.
yea, as i said i dont really know enough about many factions lore to give an accurate account of what would really happen. I personally thought Kusari were in bed with Gallia, if thats not the case then.. ah well, kusari would still be more interesting if what happened in my idea did happen.

also, this wasnt ever about demanding a new pathway for the mod, I was just thinking aloud, a "what if all this happened instead" scenario if you will.

kind of a ballpark idea of what i think would be more awesome.

im more surprised that people are still posting, others should post their story idea's
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6