Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Discovery Turret Steering Device 1.4 - Compatible with 4.88.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DTSD 1.4 is finally here!

[Image: DTSD.png]

After quite a few requests I've decided to come back and re-code the entire script.

So what's different?

The most important thing (at least I believe it is) you can now customize the keys in any way you want. The strafing keys, rolling keys, the on/off button and even the sound it plays when activated or deactivated.

Automatically disabled if not in Freelancer, for example you get skyped and wanna have a look and reply, now you can type without sending random numbers to confuse people.

Cruise engines can now be activated without having to turn off DTSD as well as firing cruise disruptors.

I decided to help some people out by adding the hotstring /paste, whenever you type /paste in the chat box followed by space or any other key it will insert whatever text you have in your clipboard, this is limited to 129 characters (generally how long a message you can type in-game). DTSD has to be disabled so that you can type /paste. Of course if none of the letters in paste are changed then you can type it anytime you want.

Now for some not so cool stuff.

You cannot roll and pitch/turn if you are holding down: SHIFT, CONTROL, ALT, WINKEY, FN. Now this doesn't mean it won't work in future updates, but for now those keys are not going to work or not going to work all the time.

To fix a previous bug, pitch up and pitch down will cancel each other out if pressed in the same time, the same goes for turn left and turn right and roll left and roll right.

For compatibility and stability reasons when changing directions, for example from W+D, you must release both keys and press the new directional keys you want. This might be annoying for a lot of people that are used to the previous version, but change always comes and I assure you that it's worth it.

Configuration, Download and Installation

Configuration

First, let's configure what the pitching, turning and rolling keys will be set to. You want to set these keys and don't change them again. Why? Because the script uses those keys as the output var of the remap.

[Image: pitch_turn_roll_keys.jpg]

Note: If you are an old school player of flight simulators where up is down and down is up, you will have to change the keys in the .ini file and not in your game controls.

Those who do not have a numpad, there are two options, either use an On-Screen Keyboard or you can use the DTSD Numpad Mapper available down below. It remaps your 1 through 6 number keys to numpad keys, so when you press 1 it will input numpad 1.

To the .ini file! This is where you can change stuff, make sure you use only lower-case keys and that there is a space between the equal (=) and the key you want. Set your strafing keys and not pitch/turn/roll keys, those have already been set in the previous step.

To use other on/off sounds you need to create or convert a file to the .wav extension and must use the same name as the original.

Download DTSD 1.4 HERE
Download DTSD Numpad Mapper HERE

Installation

Create a folder and unzip the contents of the rar file, modify remapping.ini as you want. Make sure you always run as admin.

Will I get banned for this?

No, the script does nothing game breaking, does not modify any of the original Freelancer/Discovery files and it does not inject/hook anywhere except the remapping.ini which was designed for it's own use.

Quote:[2012.12.10. 10:56:49] Matt (Cannon): It doesn't break anything. It's not a trainer or something like this and it's not abusing a macro to do something that is impossible to do by hand.

(12-30-2012, 06:28 PM)Cannon Wrote: [ -> ]This is where my seal of approval would be if I could find it.

Tested on Windows 7, so if you're using anything else make sure you try compatibility mode and if you're getting any error messages please post them here.
Keep in mind that some anti-virus (Avast for example) will go a bit crazy.
This is where my seal of approval would be if I could find it.
Version 1.1 released, fixed an interval limit bug.
Version 1.2 released, re-wrote the source code and added a sound effect whenever activating or disabling.
Edit: Custom Version users, please send me a PM via skype or forums to update yours aswell. Just drop me your name.
Edit 2:Custom Versions have been updated (check your private download link).
PS: You guys, I'm so drunk I can't move from my chair.
Version 1.3 released, cruise disruptor (Shift+E) and cruise engines (Shift+W) now usable when turret steering.
Custom Version users, your version has been updated aswell.
DTSD 1.4 is live! Read the main post to find out more!
YES!!!!!!!!
Can I ask... how does it work, I mean, what's the difference between old and DTSD? Any YT video showing a comparison between both?
(07-04-2015, 10:56 PM)Fluffyball Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask... how does it work, I mean, what's the difference between old and DTSD? Any YT video showing a comparison between both?

I explained everything in the first post. There is no need for another video to explain the difference.
Nice!
Pages: 1 2