Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello...again...sort of!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!

I used to play discovery a year or two ago, briefly, but my computer didn't handle it very well so I had to stop. Now I'm looking at getting back into it.

Got a few questions if anyone wouldn't mind answering them real fast.

1. Is Discovery still pretty active? I see some activity on the forums but I wanted to check before getting back into it.

2. I'm looking at getting back into it, but I'm also starting back college. If I get on once a week at times, will that be enough to keep up with the game? Or will I need to be on more to be in a faction?

3. Finally, can anyone post me a link to the rules? I've tried the link on the wiki, and a link on one of the welcome threads, and both sent me to the forum index page.

Please forgive my noobishness, and thanks ahead of time!
-MatO
1. yes

2. Depends upon faction but some of the quieter ones would welcome you. The very big ones may mean you miss a lot but probably would still be ok. Always indy.

3. http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25 and some RP ones http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...of+liberty

Welcome back.
(12-31-2012, 02:03 AM)MatO Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone!

I used to play discovery a year or two ago, briefly, but my computer didn't handle it very well so I had to stop. Now I'm looking at getting back into it.

Got a few questions if anyone wouldn't mind answering them real fast.

1. Is Discovery still pretty active? I see some activity on the forums but I wanted to check before getting back into it.

2. I'm looking at getting back into it, but I'm also starting back college. If I get on once a week at times, will that be enough to keep up with the game? Or will I need to be on more to be in a faction?

3. Finally, can anyone post me a link to the rules? I've tried the link on the wiki, and a link on one of the welcome threads, and both sent me to the forum index page.

Please forgive my noobishness, and thanks ahead of time!
-MatO
Welcome back to the mod!

1. Yes, absolutely. We've usually got 120-180 players on the server in the weekends, and ~100 or more in the (European, at least) evenings.

2. The game itself doesn't move all that much in a week, so that's more than enough to "keep up with the game"; it should also be more than enough for most factions.

3. There's a link in the sidebar to the right ( http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334 ). Thanks for informing me about the outdated links on the Wiki main page and sidebar, by the way - I had completely forgotten to update those after the recent forum software update. I'll get that fixed tomorrow unless one of the other wiki sysops beat me to it.

If you've got Skype and could use some more help setting up or if you've got any other questions, I could also recommend trying out the Discovery Help Chat - there's a link to that in my signature if you'd be interested.
Okay, cool thanks for replying so quickly!
Welcome, enjoy playing on the server. See you in space!