Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings Discovery Gaming Community :-)

I played Freelancer some time ago, and now i am back. With a new Chacter of course.

For I am not familiar with all the RP Rules it would be nice if some of you can give me some links. And on the top of it some questions.

This time i would like to know more abour the Zoner-Fraction. I like the shipdesign and the fraction-description in the wiki. But I would like to know more about them, and the players in this fraction.

And before I went wrong ... what do I have to do, if I am interested in flying a Gunboat or greater class of ships, like a small cruiser, a battleship oder dreadnought?

Well, and some more questions ... is it possible to save up some words and send them in chat with only one key? Something like: "This is the Zoner-Patrol **** hold fire, stop your enginges or we will open fire... " ???

More and more i like to know ;-)

Greetings,
Dragis
Yea, welcome. Enjoy playing on the server. Maybe we'll meet in space.
Hey there! Welcome to the forum and sever.

Firstly, the Zoners. They're a group of civilians who live outside the Houses and are extremely decentralised. Each Freeport is run mostly independently of the others. They're a group of people who've decided they want total freedom and independence and have given up security and safety in order to live in the Edge Systems. They're pacifists who rely on making themselves useful to native factions in order to avoid extermination. A good example is the Zoners of Freeport 9 in Omicron Theta, who've achieved peace with the Corsairs by selling them the food they need.

For player factions, there are the Temporarily Autonomous Zoners (TAZ), who're a religious Discordian cult that bases from the Baffin system. There is also Omicron Shipping Industries (OSI), a more traditional Zoner shipping corporation that supplies various Freeports. Finally, there are Phoenix, although they aren't an official faction - they are the remnants of the Omicroners, an old group that attempted to balance the power struggles between various groups within the Omicrons to the Zoners' benefit.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=79841
This thread is a useful start if you're completely new to online RP. It'll give you a few hints and tips on what to think about when creating a character.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=91634
There's also this, which'll help you rep your newly created Zoner character.

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php/Se...t_Commands
This'll explain the FLHook commands that players can use on the server - it contains the capability to store up text, like you mentioned. Looks for the /setmsg heading and it'll explain all about it. If you read the next section down, 'inline commands', it'll also show you how to make your pre-set messages slightly more dynamic.
(12-31-2012, 01:25 PM)Dragis Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings Discovery Gaming Community :-)

I played Freelancer some time ago, and now i am back. With a new Chacter of course.

For I am not familiar with all the RP Rules it would be nice if some of you can give me some links. And on the top of it some questions.

This time i would like to know more abour the Zoner-Fraction. I like the shipdesign and the fraction-description in the wiki. But I would like to know more about them, and the players in this fraction.

And before I went wrong ... what do I have to do, if I am interested in flying a Gunboat or greater class of ships, like a small cruiser, a battleship oder dreadnought?
First things first: Welcome (back) to Discovery! You can find a link to the server and forum rules in the sidebar to your right (or here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2334) - that should be more than enough reading to get started on. If you want to know more about Zoner RP, I'd suggest having a look at the subforums of the two current official Zoner factions - TAZ and OSI - plus their Wiki pages.

As for your question regarding larger ships; you don't have to do much, really, except for having an ID that allows you to use that ship. Just keep in mind that you'll get a large powercore nerf and quite a few people/factions that will be out to get their tech back if you choose odd combinations of ship, ID and equipment.
(12-31-2012, 01:25 PM)Dragis Wrote: [ -> ]Well, and some more questions ... is it possible to save up some words and send them in chat with only one key? Something like: "This is the Zoner-Patrol **** hold fire, stop your enginges or we will open fire... " ???

More and more i like to know ;-)

Greetings,
Dragis
Yes, it's possible; have a look at the /setmsg command instructions on this wiki page.
Welcome back!

If you meant some inRP rules made by various groups for their territory, the Laws of Sirius are where to look. The Kusari Legal Codex is separate and the link still hasn't been fixed.

As for Zoners, the main factions are those suggested by Jamie. They are quite attractive to a number of players, so you've got plenty of smaller groups around like ND| New Dawn and (ZRB) Zoners Research Base (or whatever). Someone will be able to take your fancy.

Have fun, maybe see you in space.
Yes, yes, yes: DiscoveryFL looks like a very friendly community.

I would like to thank you all for your warm welcome and the links for me. Thanks for the help too.

to all: Thank you very much, and have a happy and good new year 2013! :-)
(01-02-2013, 12:29 PM)Dragis Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, yes, yes: DiscoveryFL looks like a very friendly community.

Well, look again |-)

Kiddin' happy new year. Lookin forward to see your zonerzoner in space.