Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: the Report button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been using it with increasing frequency on totally ooRP posts in RP threads and forums. do the moderators have any issues if I continue to do this? I usually only report people that make an entirly ooRP post because it is VERY annoying to me.

Thanks again Virus and QV!!
Doesn't bother me. I do think the admins get it as well, though. Also, you might want to add the username in the message because for some reason links directly to the post take you to the top of the page. Makes me confused. o.O

Especially if someone has already dealt with it, like usually happens.
Please Please Please stop using the Report to a Moderator button to report ooc or to ask for a thread to be cleansed.

As Virus says, it is completely pointless if you do not specify which post is being reported. I am not about to read through an entire page just to find one sentence or paragraph when I don't even know what it is that I am supposed to look for.

In any case, send a PM directly to a Moderator (NON-Admin, if at all possible) instead of using that report button. That button should only be used when a thread has gone completely nuclear and needs to be shut down immediately.
AKA, just PM me! the link, user, and a quote, if you can.:)
Perhaps we need a pinned thread somewhere for people to post "cleaning" requests in?

I thought of that a few days ago. Maybe this is a good prompting to do it.
Nah, I think cleaning should be kept private. Revealing yourself could cause hard feelings.
' Wrote:Nah, I think cleaning should be kept private. Revealing yourself could cause hard feelings.

/signed.
It's better to PM moderators listed for the forum where the abusive post is found. And specify the post, and the part of the post you consider to be unappropriate.

Report to moderator button disabled for now... unless there's a reason to enable it back, since there are too many irrelevant reports.
' Wrote:It's better to PM moderators listed for the forum where the abusive post is found. And specify the post, and the part of the post you consider to be unappropriate.
ok. thanks for the clarification.

' Wrote:Report to moderator button disabled for now... unless there's a reason to enable it back, since there are too many irrelevant reports.
probably my fault. I thought it would link to the post so I didn't include much...and then they couldn't do anything about it. sorry guys.

Virus, I got some PMs heading your way! :P
' Wrote:As Virus says, it is completely pointless if you do not specify which post is being reported. I am not about to read through an entire page just to find one sentence or paragraph when I don't even know what it is that I am supposed to look for.
It's not just me having this scrolling problem then.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16029:rtfm:
Pages: 1 2