Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Screen Messed Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
please tell the solution the screen messes up and the game also sometimes crashes
(01-04-2013, 01:44 PM)hsinghal55 Wrote: [ -> ]please tell the solution the screen messes up and the game also sometimes crashes

Hello hsinghal55,

Was it immediately, after you installed Discovery? Or just started itself?

Freyr
(01-04-2013, 01:52 PM)Freyr Loki Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2013, 01:44 PM)hsinghal55 Wrote: [ -> ]please tell the solution the screen messes up and the game also sometimes crashes

Hello hsinghal55,

Was it immediately, after you installed Discovery? Or just started itself?

Freyr

yeh since i installed discovery the screen always messes up heres another pic
Well, my first question:
Did you have installed or activated any mod through Freelancer mod manager before?

Freyr
(01-04-2013, 01:56 PM)Freyr Loki Wrote: [ -> ]Well, my first question:
Did you have installed or activated any mod through Freelancer mod manager before?

Freyr

yeah i have installed 4.85 before and many mods and also activated them but i play discovery 4.86 which doesnt need any manager so i dont use mods anymore
(01-04-2013, 02:00 PM)hsinghal55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2013, 01:56 PM)Freyr Loki Wrote: [ -> ]Well, my first question:

Freyr

yeah i have installed 4.85 before and many mods and also activated them but i play discovery 4.86 which doesnt need any manager so i dont use mods anymore

That might be your cause with screen.

I recommend you:
Before you start: SAVE your FL account ID
1)Make sure you dont have any MOD's activated instead Discovery (you could find out by opening Freelancer Mod Manager)
2)If any mod is not activated, uninstall discovery mod. Restart computer. Uninstall whole Freelacer and DELETE Freelancer folder from 2 directions: First: where is game installed(sometimes folder and few files left) and second: Folder "Freelancer" from "My Games". This folder is: just click Start->Documents. New window pop up and there you could see folder "My games". Open that folder and delete folder "Freelancer".
Make sure, you open folder "My Games" and deleting folder Freelancer only!
When you do it, restart computer again. After that, inslall whole Freelancer. When you'll be done with whole Freelancer installation, restart computer again and now Start just whole game to menu and exit. Now you could install Freelancer Discovery MOD.

Now, screen should be ok, because if you changing in Freelancer between MOD's, its known reason with messed up screen.

But, if you do it and you will have problems again, let me know.

No worries, we sort it together.

Freyr
I had similar problems after changing my video card, I fixed it by removing the card drivers and installing earlier ones, so far so good.
(01-04-2013, 02:27 PM)phileditin51 Wrote: [ -> ]I had similar problems after changing my video card, I fixed it by removing the card drivers and installing earlier ones, so far so good.

That is sometime usual problem. But do first what i described you.

Freyr
(01-04-2013, 02:34 PM)Freyr Loki Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2013, 02:27 PM)phileditin51 Wrote: [ -> ]I had similar problems after changing my video card, I fixed it by removing the card drivers and installing earlier ones, so far so good.

Freyr

tHanks really appreciate the help will contact if i the problem is not solved
(01-04-2013, 02:50 PM)hsinghal55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2013, 02:34 PM)Freyr Loki Wrote: [ -> ]

Freyr

tHanks really appreciate the help will contact if i the problem is not solved
ps: how to check the fl account id i mean where it is found in the game and how to access after reinstalling cos i play multiplayer often
Pages: 1 2