Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Problem with monitor OR motherboard/gfx card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey broes, I just bought a new PC, and I have managed to stumble upon a problem, on the get-go! Now this PC has an AMD Radeon HD7750 2GB card. But unfortunataly it has an DVI port which I dont have and the motherboards's is a VGA obviously. So I plugged it and it doesn't work (the monitor is a TV and it can't detect the video files its recieving).

So the question is, is the monitor screwed or cant I use motherboard graphics while there's a gfx card plugged in. Lately I've been dropping F-bombs 'cause this REALLY pisses me off. Any help is appreciated.
bump.
(01-04-2013, 10:46 PM)Barb Saircide Wrote: [ -> ]Hey broes, I just bought a new PC, and I have managed to stumble upon a problem, on the get-go! Now this PC has an AMD Radeon HD7750 2GB card. But unfortunataly it has an DVI port which I dont have and the motherboards's is a VGA obviously. So I plugged it and it doesn't work (the monitor is a TV and it can't detect the video files its recieving).

So the question is, is the monitor screwed or cant I use motherboard graphics while there's a gfx card plugged in. Lately I've been dropping F-bombs 'cause this REALLY pisses me off. Any help is appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that if you have a graphics card in the system, that the video system on the motherboard will have been disabled.

So, to get your motherboard video card to work, you need to;
a) remove the Radeon video card and
b) somehow turn the motherboard video back on.

However, before trying that, there should be a DVI to VGA converter that should have come with the video card.

It is a plug in device that goes into the DVI port on the video card.

If you don't have one, you should be able to go to where you got your PC from and buy one from there.
(01-05-2013, 02:21 AM)Mickk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure that if you have a graphics card in the system, that the video system on the motherboard will have been disabled.

However, before trying that, there should be a DVI to VGA converter that should have come with the video card.

If you don't have one, you should be able to go to where you got your PC from and buy one from there.

Thank you so much man! I won't remove the card, I'd rather like to use it. But my TV don't have a DVI port, nor do I have a actual DVI cable. So you say that there's VGA-to-DVI adapter, then I shall go and get one.
(01-05-2013, 11:28 AM)Barb Saircide Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-05-2013, 02:21 AM)Mickk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure that if you have a graphics card in the system, that the video system on the motherboard will have been disabled.

Thank you so much man! I won't remove the card, I'd rather like to use it. But my TV don't have a DVI port, nor do I have a actual DVI cable. So you say that there's VGA-to-DVI adapter, then I shall go and get one.

Note that this can sometimes be a pain in the butt, finding that adapter. One reason is that there are actually six different variations on DVI out there - which to me makes DVI one of the stupidest 'standards' known.

You have to make sure you get the right gender for both ends, AND make sure you get the correct DVI - and just to make it more fun, make sure that you change your card settings in case it's putting out digital, to analog since VGA isn't digital, but DVI can be...