Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi everybody!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm an old Freelancer player. I played the vanilla single-player campaign few times, few years ago but I haven't touched multiplayer before this.

I have previous roleplay experience in San Andreas Roleplay and that's about it.

I played on the server for a hour or something and got into some funny situations:

Number 1: I was just chilling on top of a big ship, it moved and my small ship blew up Sad

Number 2: I said "Hai" to a person, he responded with "Hi" and gave me 55 million credits. That was very nice of him.

So, I wonder what should I do with these 55 millions? I would like to trade stuff and do something fun. I was checking the wiki but those big freighters cost like 200 millions, so the economy is a bit different from Single-player Big Grin

Oh, and one more thing. Now that I have all the money, I got boosted to lvl 64, and I'm worried that can somebody steal my money or something? I still got 100% starter gear so I don't want to get in a fight, any other than against NPC pirates (Yarrr!) Big Grin
55 millions to a stranger. That's genuinely one hell of a generous guy, good for you to have stumbled upon someone like this. As for the ideal investment.. if you aim for a supertransport I suggest you spend your money on a smaller one first, join a trading faction that appeals to you and start running some routes. Also don't worry, you can't lose your money, not even through death and destruction. The only possible mistake you could do is giving your money away to pirates, but seeing as you still have a starter ship, nobody will really take notice of you, let alone try to rob you.

Good luck and take a look at the rules, too.
Welcome, have fun

depending and what, where you want to trade
L'Ane hold 4000 cost just under 51 million, looks good but Gallic so not everyone wants one
Border World Transport (BWT) 3500 hold, just under 42 million, often preferred by Zoners due to docking restrictions, but flown virtually everywhere
Firefly hold 3500 just over 39 million

At look for Freelancer Companion to help route planning http://wiz0u.free.fr/prog/flc/
Thanks for info, I already checked the rules.

I'm quite interested in joining this "Omicron Supply Industries", isn't that a trading faction?

Anyways, how can I find them?
Welcome to Disco!

Trading is the way to start off, and (probably) makes up most of the server activity. You can make your money, RP with those you run into, and there are plenty of factions (OSI included) to join. Once you have some more money, you can use it for larger transports and for other characters.

Have fun, maybe see you in space.
Well, you're one helluva lucky guy.

I of course agree with Junes (ohai Joonz). If you want to do some independent trading though, I suggest investing that cash into the Border Worlds Transport: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/BWT That's the biggest and, in my opinion, best transport available to the Freelancer ID. To save some cash, try to find a ship here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=66

Edit: Great, my PC freezes for 5 minutes and four people get ahead of me.
Toaster, that ship looks very sexy. I'm gonna buy one...

But first of all I need to find those systems where they sell that ship Big Grin
(01-06-2013, 03:47 PM)Toaster Wrote: [ -> ]I of course agree with Junes (ohai Joonz).

Ohai Franklin. )))

Can only second what others here said, BWT is really recommended, flew it myself for quite a while. Compact, light weight, incredibly sturdy- adequately armed and armored, nice handling, classy design. It's worth every penny.