Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wanting to use ship belonging to different faction than my ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, got few questions. Sorry in advance for my ignorance, I've tried searching for the answers but it couldn't find anything definitive. seems like a slight Grey issue

I've think I've seen in the past people get sanctioned or warned for flying ships they normally can't with their ID. I don't mean for example flying a battleship with an ID that only allows smaller (Rogue etc). But using a fighter belonging to an enemy faction etc. So what I want to know is how do I know whether something requires a SRP and when it is just sufficient to ask the faction inRP.

I've seen threads about how previous tech charts showed what was allowed. I thought I saw a thread that said that if tech or ships gave a 10% nerf then you weren't allowed to use it, which begs the question why is it 10% then and not 0.

At the moment this is only a concern for me in 1 case but it might crop up again in the future. I'm wanting to fly a Hogosha Black Dragon using either DSE or Rogue ID. For both it is a 10% nerf. And I'm not sure if that would require SRP or not. Or would that be fine in terms of Server rules?

I understand that if that doesn't require a SRP then I'd need to ask permission of the faction inRP so satisfy "Faction Rules" and not have them shooting me for stolen tech. Which leads me to another question which faction would I ask? While on the infocard it says it's a Hogosha ship, " SRD X12 "Black Dragon" Hogosha VHF ". It also says that it was crafted by Samura so would it be acceptable to ask Samura for one instead of the Hogosha? As surely Samura still manufacture them and have the plans etc.

If anyone can clarify that'd be great.

NOTE: But I don't want a stream of posts talking about how it'd be impossible to ask Hogosha or Samura as either a DSE or Rogue ID'd player for the ship. I'm aware that asking Hogosha using either ID will be extremely difficult and only real chance is asking Samura with DSE ID, but this again will be very difficult. All I want to know is whether I can ask either and whether server rules allow it.
no you can just go ahead and get it. make sure you have a back story as to why you have that specific and very unusual ship on your dse or rog id.

in-rp hogs would probably not let you have one, so no reason to ask them. you are essentially an enemy/gaijin/competitor. unless you have some spectacular RP story to back it up (and that story is approved by hogs/samura / you have a lot of hog or samura official faction players on your skype friends list) I'd stick with the "I stole it"/"i found it" if I was you.

it's sort of like luke skywalker writing darth vader to ask for a tie fighter.
Getting an SRP for that would be as difficult as attempting to destroy a barge with a starflea
(01-07-2013, 05:54 PM)ichiru Wrote: [ -> ]Getting an SRP for that would be as difficult as attempting to destroy a barge with a starflea

A starflea can mount two class 2 guns and one class 3 gun. Assuming you go for a loadout with a class 3 pulse and a class 2 pulse, and one hullgun, it would look like this:
3: Adv. Stunpulse - 141 shield damage - 11 u energy - 564 shielddmg/s - 44 u/s
2: Stunpulse - 114 shield damage - 9 u energy - 456 shielddmg/s - 36 u/s
2: Justice Mk II - 20 hull damage - 6 u energy - 166 hulldmg/s - 49 u/s

We also know that the starflea has a 95 u/s powercore recharge, and nomatter what shield the barge uses, it'll be a transport shield with a 900 regen rate.

If the starflea uses only its pulse guns, it will defeat the shield regen rate with a total shielddmg/s of 1020, while only using 80 u/s. It can therefore keep this up indefinitely, and even do a little more damage with the justice using the remaining energy. Once the shield is down, eating away a barge's hull with a justice Mk II is just a matter of time, too.

That means it's very possible to kill a barge with a starflea, but it's going to take you quite a while, which also applies to getting an SRP approved, so...

your statement is true. [Image: emoticon-00126-nerd.gif]

To add something ontopic, I believe the technerf system replaced the old restrictions, meaning you can use (almost) any ship you like, you'll just have to deal with the nerf. Unless you have a Spec Ops ID. But I suggest shooting a barge in a starflea instead, it's quicker and probably more fun, too.
More practical thing is to take the desired ID as IFF and run the ship under FL ID at 75% core, find friend with the desired ID to hire you and play together.
For SRP you need to have a right skype friends and lick certain asses, it is not worth it for bunch of pixels at least if you have some self respect and dignity.
The new SRP system is utterly retarded because the SRP requests are hidden and the community have 0 influence in decision making,also official factions does not receive let say 1-2 Special Ops IDs for example and some other negative and skype controlled stuff.
I can explain more but it is a bit out of topic.
...It's also extremely paranoid and unfounded.

In any case, you can currently use any ship you like with any ID. The only exception would be ships that are explicitly restricted, like Nomad and Phantom ships. The only other real exception that I can think of is the Zoner Whale, which can only be used with a Zoner ID.

All the SRP would do is give you a full powercore, negating the technerf system. It's not actually required though.
Ok thanks a lot everyone, good to know. As using it is fine thats great, no need for dreaded SRP. 10% nerf is fine for my intended uses anyways. Now I just need to carefully plan all my intended RP. Hopefully in several weeks time this will all bear fruit.

If anyone knows for sure whether Samura could issue a Black Dragon that'd be handy. If Samura we able to, then I suspect Hogosha wouldn't be able to do anything about it, seeing as they are pretty much their lapdogs.
i think the designs are hogosha, and samura just produce it.

like foxconn building apple's iPhones.
Samura builds the Black Dragon for the Hogsha, but the Hogsha are far from Samura's lapdogs. That'd be oversimplifying the relationship far too much. The Farmer's Alliance are much more a Samura pawn, while the Hogsha are very much their own entity.
(01-07-2013, 07:56 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Samura builds the Black Dragon for the Hogsha, but the Hogsha are far from Samura's lapdogs. That'd be oversimplifying the relationship far too much. The Farmer's Alliance are much more a Samura pawn, while the Hogsha are very much their own entity.

Yeah FA is what I mean't to write, I put something about them down as they use it to but as I remembered they have no official faction I mean't to scrap it as no-one to ask for a ship.

So yes I figured that as Samura inRP builds it, it should be ok to ask them for it. But as it's listed as a Hogosha ship and comes under Hogosha/FA tech tree according to wiki, I wonder whether I can get away with asking Samura for one.

I've got several ideas on RP background behind it and ways to appease either faction, so we'll see how it plays out I guess.
Pages: 1 2