Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ending the Capship Issue(and more)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
' Wrote:Im kind of new to discovery, and im probably missing out some major factor or something but...
Can't this all just be resolved peacefully without resulting into a massive flame war? seems like an easy solution to me, indies register thier cap ships to help prevent OORP, and factions promise not to escelate thier restrictions? seems like a good, peaceful solution to stop this going any further, and stopping anyone saying things they might regret after the heat of the moment.

Hah! One of the best voices of reason on this thread, and he's barely been here any time at all! Good attitude, Fang.

Now, n00blet, this isn't about controlling you, it's about KNOWING WHO YOU ARE AND THAT YOU EXIST. It provides us with a good idea of who flies an Outcast capship SO THAT WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. We can't be expected to notice every single RP post made of your ship. This puts it all in one place, so that we can CO-OPERATE.
' Wrote:Which ship is that, Culebra?

Rhieland Pirate Cruiser for the Junkers Congress that is now gone :(
The cruiser or the congress is now gone? (I know the congress is all dysfunctional and briked, but....)

Nowhere to sign that up. Nobody, that I'm aware of, is trying to see where rheinland pirate cruisers go. Though I believe it would be the Junker congress who would be interested, if anyone...
I think the RHA or HT might be best informed, since it's technically a downgraded Hessian Cruiser...
OK, the RP here is this.

The factions are the government. Ships, in particular capital ships, are military property. In real life, ship aren't sold, they're issued. Therefore it is OORP to just go buy a ship. It must be 'given' by the government, or it's 'stolen'.

That's the main thing here, I don't agree with the RMs policy of restricting everything, with the Outcasts and Corsairs, for cruiser class, all you have to do, is say, hey this is me. The main part of this is so that, we know what's out there, and what their forum ID is so they can be contacted if something goes wrong. Is that so hard to ask for?

Jesus christ, akuma, Eppy is pretty much the queen/king/SnM dominatrix of the outcasts (never quite understood outcast politics, since you guys are all dark and gloomy, though you might have a leader in leather tights and a whip). If you don't do everything he says, you're a criminal.

So stop saying he's OORP for ordering you to do something. If you don't want to listen, RP it, say that you're sick of his authority, and become a rogue Outcast. You'd both be in perfectly good RP, you can't just go "//That's OORP" and pretend it never happened, or hope it'll go away.
' Wrote:What it does acheive however is to bring those on the fringe of RP into the community, it has bought at least one person to the forums to sign up and carry on hassle free, that's a victory. A small one, but a victory nonetheless.

A victory at what cost? If the net benefit is one person with marginally more RP in the form of one registration post on the forum and 12 people being pvp whored by factions (who turn into oorp pvp whores to do it) and 27 more BH BC's in Cali and Sig 13, what victory is that?

Indies registering their cap ships does not help prevent oorp.

If the real reason behind this is to stop pvp whoring, it was very poorly thought out and has little to no chance of succeeding, which lends credence to the idea that this is simply big ego trip for some faction leaders.

As far as faction leaders being the absolute rulers of their ID's and equipment, no, they are not. They own the guard system, and that's all they own. Technically they don't even own the ships that are produced there once you get that ship out of that system, unless you can show me something in the rules that wasn't there yesterday.

There are no restrictions in the rules limiting indies choice of ships, beyond the ID/tag/rp restrictions that apply to every ship.

There is every right of any player to RP a cap ship captain if that's what he wants to do.

This is especially for pirates who have no military structure, you look at house NPC's they have ranks, pirates don't. The outcasts have no military structure.

Also their is plenty of precedence for privately built and purchased warships in history.
To prevent pvp whoring? You have no idea what you're talking about, do you? (Not like that isn't quite obvious at this point)

The reson why capital ships should be limited is so you don't have to see the "BHG situation" all the damned time. IE; Four capital ships on one fighter. That's cap whoring, my daft friend.

I am sick and tired of your flawed logic and wrongful quoting of replies that actually makes sense, you are just trolling at this point. If you want to keep your beloved "rogue capital ship" then do so, but don't come whining, which you are OBVIOUSLY doing, when you get clusterfu*ked by factions every day of the week just cause you didn't want to register your ship.

And this... bile... you're spewing about factions beeing limited to the guard system... Do you even KNOW what the guard is? It sure as heck doesn't seem like you know what they are, but then again that just proves that you have no idea what you're talking about, and it also proves that you are nothing more than a troll.

[\rant]

I need to... think happy thoughts now.
I am a faction leader.
My faction is Hessian Tears.

Am I instantly evil by being a faction leader? am I power hungry or on an ego trip just because I made a faction to add more RP and activity into the game?

It seems that by Aku, I am the world's greatest evil, and should be shot on site.
Why? did I ever take or order my faction to take any hostile action against an indie Hessian? no.
If any, we always help out and try the most to get them in on the RP going on and incorporate them with us.
So why am I referred to as an Ego driven, power hungry a-hole that just wants to pry on indies?

I don't ask Hessian Capships to register as there are so few of them, and everyone i met had such agood RP and spirit i don't find it necesery, and I believe Blodo (Leader of RHA) will say the same.

Even though, I support the actions of the corsairs, OC and Bret factions to ask Cap ships to register as the capital ships of those faction are nerfed and I see at as a good attempt to get some of them "capwhores" to go on an RP path insted of a PvP.

As I said before, if you fly a cap ship and RP, the registration isn't aimed at you to get you to RP more, but you are asked to set an example as a player who has a solid RP around his ship, thus making more capship indies RP.

Why not try to make it work? I can assure you none of us faction leaders have the time to go over hundreds of posts, and still, we will make the time and go over them, cause that is the binding contract to this registration.

I realy don't see how your ideals will be shattered and your status diminish by writing a small story or even writing down a link to you story.

Please, enlighten me, cause I realy can't seem to figure out what all the fuss is about.

Edit: : what is the "price" you are saying is to high? The cost of posting 1 post of RP about your ship at most? Is that such a high price for you?
' Wrote:A victory at what cost? If the net benefit is one person with marginally more RP in the form of one registration post on the forum, what victory is that?

A good one.

' Wrote:Indies registering their cap ships does not help prevent oorp.

Sure it does. It doesn't 100% solve the problem, but it does help. Something is better than nothing.

' Wrote:If the real reason behind this is to stop pvp whoring, it was very poorly thought out and has little to no chance of succeeding, which lends credence to the idea that this is simply big ego trip for some faction leaders.

I don't see any evidence of that, other than your tiresome ramblings. Furthermore, how much of a leg could you possibly have the stand on when your own sig points the way to your own absurd capship faction? A place for people to escape indeed.

' Wrote:As far as faction leaders being the absolute rulers of their ID's and equipment, no, they are not. They own the guard system, and that's all they own. Technically they don't even own the ships that are produced there once you get that ship out of that system.

Admins say otherwise.

I'd suggest that you think of a constructive alternative as opposed to simply railing on this proposal. Your arguments are as tiresome as they are hollow. If you want to see discovery become a stronger server for good times roleplay, work for that as opposed to wailing and gnashing your teeth at those who are.

Though, honestly. I'm declaring shinanigans on you and this thread as a whole.

[Image: trolls.jpg]
Actually, i was denied a hessian cruiser when i asked RHA for the rights to purchase one ^_^ But i took it like a good sport and even incorporated it into my RP as having had the "pleasure" to buy a first generation Hessian Cruiser (Rheinland Pirate cruiser).

That's the point, there's always a way to incorporate the whole "denied" thing into your RP and maybe prove yourself to be worthy the honor of flying a faction capital ship in the future.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29