Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New to Descovery, but not to Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, My name is Molder169. In the past I have played Freelancer beyond health and was recently invited to try the discovery Modification which thus far I am enjoying. The Idea of playing this phenomenal game with others has always been desired and I am glad to have stumbled upon its reality. Though I am not new to role play I am new to role play in what would be a modern universe. So here it goes: my character Bio.

Molder was born on a Liberty Rogue base roughly 22 years prior to this date. His father, Marrar was a prominent Rogue Pilot and his mother, Victoria, a missions manager on base. Stories of his feats were known through out the base and known fully to his mother, who after a time, came to respect and eventually love the man. Molder was raised, that one day he might become a rogue pilot as his father was, though it was not to be.

When he was 19 he accompanied his father on a routine raid in the New york system to obtain artifacts that were to be smuggled to Planet Manhattan. The raid went off without a hitch, but on the return trip their wing men began firing upon Molder and his father. They fought with all of their skills and might but it was for naught. Marrar commanded that Molder flee to the Texas system and Mention the name Koron to authorities, while Marrar held them off. Before he went beyond communications range he saw the unmistakable sights of an explosion and screams through the coms. Tears streaked Molder's eyes for the entirety of the trip. Upon reaching Planet Houston, he merely mentioning the name Koron to authorities and was granted access to dock. The man explained how his father was an operative for the Liberty Navy working in deep cover for years. The artifact was to be brought to to them for study, and that some how the rogues gained knowledge about the true intentions of his father. When asked about his mother Koron stated that he had no knowledge of her or even of Molder himself!

Since that day Molder swore to pay vengeance to the Rogues and any who would cause the death of innocent lives. After years of training he has now obtained his Liberty Navy badge, and with clear purpose, seeks to avenge his father, and seek knowledge of his mother.
Quite the interesting and well written story. Smile (proves your skills a bit)

Either way... Welcome to Discovery!
Nice to see more and more people within this great and fun community.
Indeed, welcome to the server and community. If you ever need any help, give me a shout or post a thread in the help requests subforum. Should get you sorted fairly quickly.

Have a quick browse of the server rules and have fun. Seems like you've got the whole RP angle going well - keep it up!
Welcome! I enjoyed reading that story, and I hope to see you in space sometime. Smile

To give you a tip too, while writing your bio here is completely fine, the Stories and Biographies forum allows you to share your story where people are looking for it, and expand on it later on without getting any other comments in between.
Welcome! Liked the story! If you need help feel free to pm me. My main characters are below as well. If you see me in space strike up some rp!
Thank you for the warm welcomes. I do however have a question. After gaining some quick cash (roughly 1.5 mil) I am set to wondering what ship would be appropriate to buy next. This setup has greatly changed from the familiar Freelancer which I am sure you have all played. Does anyone have any suggestions? I plan on playing a fighter pilot. I do not desire to have a big capital ship so soon in the game. any suggestions?

:Edit: Never mind the Prior, Looks like i found the ship that will be my first purchase. Should prove enough to deal with other players (i.e. rouges lane hackers etc) for the time being.

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Avenger

See you in space!