Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A question on new 1.2 implementation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've got a question on this.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=92093

Before I continue, I feel obliged to mention, that, in-game, I've never been associated with the aforementioned group or their allies, but was often participating on the opposing side, with now (most likely) forgotten EDGE, or, later on, CR ,or LNS. Out of game, I only knew 1 player from that group. I'm also not willing to discuss the group in question, I'd like to know the "new" rules, by which this server now goes. If there're any.
I'm saying that in case you will get my motives wrong.

So the question is - was the above-mentioned sanction put in place for repetitive ganking, outnumbering their enemy which resulted in "no-win" situations for the opposing force and resulting "hate", further worsened by trolling, but still inRP attitude ? If it's not the full list, did it still affect the outcome, in any way?
There are no new rules being implemented. Admins have always been able to sanction people in this way; it's just that it hasn't been visibly applied to a group for quite some time.

Edit: 1.2 has always given Admins carte blanche to deal with bad attitude as they see fit.
I think what most people would like to know is:

What actually did they do wrong?

Right now I'm assuming: why is it that certain people gank its cool, but when CGH log in with lots of ships and ondt lose its not?

My only interaction with them:

Saw a lot online, then a lot of death messages "by CGH-XXX"

Saw one of them flying next to me, he didnt engage, just flew by.

Thought cool lets make a group and try to beat them. MWent in group with all lawfuls in lib. Tracked them down near Allentown in Penn. they were dancing arond fires there and stuff in their what ever it is RP. They had a bunch of snubs and one GB. We had anything we would wanted, from 5 Battleships to 5 LF. We attacked them with some snubs and one Libby dredd which according to strategy was supposed to play "tank". Did some "yeah can I play cowboy and ur indian bang bang" pew pew and engaged. Turned out our strategy was ill-conceptualized and we all died. Said gf and goodnight, they say said gf and goodnight.

So can you tell what they actually did wrong please?
I expect there will be more questions in response to this reply. I'll start by saying that there are no new rules by which the server operates but existing ones will be enforced to remove players who are intentionally disruptive to the server/role play environment.

Ganking/outnumbering an enemy to create no-win situations is not a sanctionable behaviour. Trying to out number an enemy is simply good tactics.

As to the question "what did they do wrong?" It was the sum of everything. The CGS| and all their associated actions were harming server roleplay and community. Some important factors although not the only factors include: they were *intentionally* trolling (in and out of RP) other players; they were not adding to the community by actively role playing with other groups to increase fun for everybody; their group did not fit into the discovery/freelancer storyline but rather existed primarily to kill other players (as opposed to say roleplaying a mercenary group).
Examples?
Paradigm, had you been here long enough, you would have some clear as day examples of disruptive CGS behavior, if you dig around you can probably still find some of them as well.

Cannon already said pretty much all there is to be said by the admin team about this issue, the rest is self explanatory to anyone who's been around.
I'd like to add that 1.2 is also designed to prevent malicious sanctioning and weaponising of the rules. It's not recommended.
For good measure I think it would be appropriate to list those examples which together built this sanction. It's good for other players who might question the sanction as well as players who like PVP but don't like to be sanctioned. An "empty" sanction makes none wiser, it only punishes this particular group. This "it's self-explanatory" just doesn't suffice if you want to uphold the respect/legitimacy surrounding the administration as an institution - you'll have to "mimic" the rule of law (that is in this case to supply examples to verify and underline that this particular rule have been broken without a shred of doubt) to avoid suspicions of arbitrarity.

I, like Paradigm, have had nothing but good encounters and experiences with CGS (maybe I know 1 member of CGS but I am not really sure - I thought about applying somehow once), and that has been when they have pirated me, when I have helped them out and when I have ganked them on my indie pirate and on my Liberty lawful ships. I've been playing on-and-off since '09 or '10 so I know who the CGS are and what they do.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...hlight=CGS|

The statement here, clearly outlines and defines why the Administration team has taken the action that it has.
(01-09-2013, 01:43 PM)LolRawr!? Wrote: [ -> ]clearly outlines and defines why the Administration team has taken the action that it has.
>>
(01-06-2013, 05:42 PM)Gheis Wrote: [ -> ]we don't like you, and we don't like what you do.

Smile
Pages: 1 2 3