Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "So you want to buy a capital-class vessel" Discussion thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Pin this. Everywhere. Pin it ingame, I don't care that it can't be done just do it!

Excellent work Athenian. I would suggest recommending writing some RP down and establishing the purpose, ZoI, and crew with stories. It really helps know how you are supposed to play the ship.

Also mention that anyone lol'ing in a capital ship might get shot.
Seems like good solid advice I second the pin it somewhere sentiment.
I pretty much agree with everything said nicely put and thought out .

//If this does get pinned please feel free to remove this post after making it I realised it was a bad move.
I'ld PIN IT! TWO TIMES!
Im really glad you have written something like this. It will aid me in the "report" about LNS Las Vegas, which is currently in production, with info about ship itself, crew, and as time comes, In-RP action report.

Specially the point 7, about funding and gubernamental authorizations!

Thanks!
Make it a pin CUSHION!

This is excellent, and was interesting to read tool. Thanks for writing this out!
very good work
Pin it. Now. And also add that little bit about loling in ANY ship.
People see this and say " I agree !! Totaly !! With every word ! Pin it ! Always folow those rules..."

Yeah...right.

I agree with those rules and I obey them myself , thats not something new to people who want to use their ship correctly.

But , if you expect EVERYONE to folow those rules SOOO strickly and then some random bomber dude can just say "die" and kill you after your hands hurt from typing , then make the capital ships that wich they should be - Capital Ships! Not the play test dummies for bomber pilots abroad and beyond.

So many threats about these capital ships , yet so little information on just how useless they are.

It's is something that is well know here , when you play a capital ship you get ten times the harshness of anything you might do wrong. Some random bomber might get away with doing something , but a BS admiral ? No....

Why don't you make some rules on

:Engaging Capital Ships

If they are so weak ingame , atleast make the RP for destroying them , hard. It's ridiculas that 2 bombers take you down with less then one " kill him " said. 99.99% of the atacks on capital ships are not with the correct RP support. It is simple , you just can go out and deside to kill such a ship , just for the fun of it.

Think about that , before you make things even harder for Capital ship pilots.

Added point 11, which is pretty general but seems to pique people quite a bit.
gotta agree with eternal here, capships may seem 'whored' quite a bit on the server but they're nothing compared to the bombers out there. Right now, most bombers - especially some of the better ones (catamaran...) can take out capships, transports, and fighters alike. A single supernova has more firepower than any weapon available to a battleship in the game.

I understand why capships arent allowed to pirate, they're too powerful for a transport to even hope to get away from... but why are bombers allowed to? A bomber can take out a large train with three supernova hits, and it really isnt that difficult a weapon to aim.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14